testtest

Concealed Carry Reciprocity Legislation Teed Up For 2021

I do not foresee Concealed Carry Reciprocity gaining traction with the upcoming Congress. I believe the only real chance we have of getting reciprocity will be through the courts by arguing that the Article IV Full Faith and Credit Clause should be applied to handgun/concealed carry licenses. While Congress isn't on our side, the Courts are now more gun-friendly than they have been in generations.

I'm an Army Vet and former policeman. In that video I did not see the need for deadly force. Beyond what the video shows there might have been more in the background, but in those few seconds the ability to use less than deadly force was still available. The entire situation was appalling and there was no excuse for storming the Capitol Building. That kind of chaos is ripe for tragedies of this sort.

I'm an Army Vet and former policeman. In that video I did not see the need for deadly force. Beyond what the video shows there might have been more in the background, but in those few seconds the ability to use less than deadly force was still available. The entire situation was appalling and there was no excuse for storming the Capitol Building. That kind of chaos is ripe for tragedies of this sort.

I agree.

The LEO's on the protesters side were in no danger, and could have been put at risk with a pass through shot.

The Officer on the barricade side could have used pepper spray.

My .02

I agree with you @xcalibur. In the video, there looks to be several policemen with firearms on the stairs directly behind the protestors. Maybe the shooter on the other side of the barricade didn't see them, but one on the stairs after the shot was fired, appeared to give some sort of hand jester to the shooter. I also agree that the those attacking the Capitol and the woman and those trying to break through this barricade, were totally in the wrong and should realize that bad things can happen when undertaking violent actions.

Not for sure of the impact unless it would override all state statutes for carry. The problem is federally we can have a gun but the state dictates what we must do with it. Until the ambiguous nature of gun laws disappear we will constantly be in a state of confusion. I just find it amazing that I have been on some form of a gun hamster wheel since my first purchase in the early 70's but yet I still buying the guns of my choice.

I don't think concealed carry should be a federal issue. It should remain in the states rights arena.

The feds have always used the Commerce Clause in order to regulated firearms to do an end-around of the 2nd Amendment complications. So, opening up another venue for fed control of firearms transport & use is another way the "wrong" feds can F-things up.

Last edited:
Back