testtest

Concealed Carry: Springfield Armory Hellcat

I have heard mostly good things about the Hellcat. The one negative that keeps on popping up is that if you press the trigger safety bar slightly to the side while pressing the trigger it will not shoot. Now as a Sig fan I will admit they seem to use their customers as Beta testers sometimes but all the kinks are out of the P365.

I have heard mostly good things about the Hellcat. The one negative that keeps on popping up is that if you press the trigger safety bar slightly to the side while pressing the trigger it will not shoot. Now as a Sig fan I will admit they seem to use their customers as Beta testers sometimes but all the kinks are out of the P365.
I don’t own one, have talked with those that do but I am familiar with the trigger bar. I would think that would have to be really “out of spec” or “loose” to cause the trigger not to fire, being that you press the trigger straight back. However, I could see some folks really trying “cause” it to misfire or not fire.

I don’t own one, have talked with those that do but I am familiar with the trigger bar. I would think that would have to be really “out of spec” or “loose” to cause the trigger not to fire, being that you press the trigger straight back. However, I could see some folks really trying “cause” it to misfire or not fire.
I can see that to....just to see it happen then get on social media and complain about it

The author claims he averaged 1.5" groupings at 25 yards. Any idea what the testing protocol was for this? Because, honestly, I stopped trusting the article at that point, but willing to keep an open mind. And I'm a Hellcat owner.

I purchased a Hellcat out of curiosity when it was first released, even though I already owned a Sig Sauer P365. I had two light primer strikes with Winchester White Box in the first 100 rounds, which always me hesitant to carry it. The problem hasn't repeated itself, but I have only fired about 100 additional rounds since that time. I preferred the way the 365 felt in my hand, so I've continued to carry the 365 whenever my wardrobe won't accommodate a full-sized pistol. I've been meaning to put more rounds through the Hellcat to see if the problem repeats itself, but the recent ammo shortage has put that on hold.

Picked up a Hellcat yesterday and will be going to the range today. I did shoot a box yesterday with no issues and accuracy that will suffice. I really like the feel and quick sighting with the Hellcat. I had a 365 and have a 365XL and prefer the Hellcat sights. Hopefully after a couple hundred rounds today I will still feel the same.

After a trip to the range (220rnds) I was very impressed with the Hellcat. The follow up shots were very tight and I didn't notice muzzle flip with the smaller gun. I was shooting a 12x20 static silhouette and free 8", 6" and 4" gongs. On the silhouette the ability to cover shots was very noticeable. As of today I couldn't be happier with my purchase. All shots were 10, 12, and 15 yrds. I did shoot 20 rounds @ 50 yrds and was able to hit the silhouette 12 times which I personally am very pleased with considering the gentle breeze. IMO this is a great little gun.

After a trip to the range (220rnds) I was very impressed with the Hellcat. The follow up shots were very tight and I didn't notice muzzle flip with the smaller gun. I was shooting a 12x20 static silhouette and free 8", 6" and 4" gongs. On the silhouette the ability to cover shots was very noticeable. As of today I couldn't be happier with my purchase. All shots were 10, 12, and 15 yrds. I did shoot 20 rounds @ 50 yrds and was able to hit the silhouette 12 times which I personally am very pleased with considering the gentle breeze. IMO this is a great little gun.
Sounds like a good day at the range. I'm envious. I very much like the Hellcat, but admit to having some consistency problems. I've narrowed it down to having a bit of trouble getting the meat of my palm on the grip on the draw. It's such a nicely small gun that this presents just enough of an issue that it will take more work. I've been comparing it to my XDS Mod 2 which, while still small, is noticeably bigger than the Hellcat and I'm a fair amount more accurate and consistent with it. Still, the Hellcat hits the target reliably and having an excuse to keep going to the range is always a good thing.

The author claims he averaged 1.5" groupings at 25 yards. Any idea what the testing protocol was for this? Because, honestly, I stopped trusting the article at that point, but willing to keep an open mind. And I'm a Hellcat owner.
1.5" out of a Ransom Rest might be achievable with the right ammo. Another reporter listed 2 inch groups at 25 yards SHOT FROM A TABLE TOP MACHNE REST. Pretty good for a super compact. Better than the rest of us mortals can shoot it.

Back