testtest

Coronavirus Covig19 Preparedness

Tenbones

Master Class
Founding Member
For those of you that are interested, the Full30 channel is offering a free Ebook download on preparing for the Coronavirus.

I'm sorry I couldn't download a link, but load the Full30 channel and look under Forum.

It's got some good information if you are concerned about preparing for the Coronavirus.

For those of you that are interested, the Full30 channel is offering a free Ebook download on preparing for the Coronavirus.

I'm sorry I couldn't download a link, but load the Full30 channel and look under Forum.

It's got some good information if you are concerned about preparing for the Coronavirus.

This should go to the download page:

A couple more clicks are required after that - to specify your device preference as well as file format - in order to begin the download.

I did download the file, and it seems to be virus-free.

FWIW, I think it's a very nicely put together (easy-to-read, well edited) and digestible volume (small).

However, it is -NOT- COVID-19 specific, and furthermore, depending on your locale, some of the items which are suggested are already either hard-to-come-by, priced outrageously, or sold-out due specifically to the low-level panic that's already ensued.

For example, buying N95 masks now is no small feat (there's more things that are problematic with N95s than they solve, so don't worry about this that much: I'm just taking this as an example). Purell and other alcohol-based liquid hand-sanitizers are either sold-out or outrageously priced, ditto bleach (while good for other considerations, note that COVID-19 is readily neutralized by common soap).

This e-book is worth the space on your hard-drive and the few minutes it takes to read it, but I honestly don't see why they billed it specifically for COVID-19.

The CDC's COVID-19 page is chock-full of good, timely, specific info:

And similarly, preparing your household for at the minimum of 3 days of potable water and food, along with the possibility of 14 days of prescription medication and personal hygiene items (and food, if possible), has become the de-facto recommendations of most governing entities and other similar authorities.

Remember that even in Hubai province, China - and even at the epicenter, Wuhan - utilities remained active...this allowed folks to stay home. While a baseline water supply and alternative means of cooking food and/or having heat (depending on where you live, this may be more/less applicable) are smart to secure, with this incident, currently, jumping instead to preparing for potential supply-line shortages in your critical medications as well as other such supplies is perhaps the more urgent action items. This event is (at least not yet) that type of end-of-the-world-the-grid-is-down event that a more comprehensive preparedness plan, as this e-book nicely lays out, will require.

Finally, continue with your good cold/flu-season hygiene habits. Being mindful about not touching your face unless you have just washed your hands (thorough handwashing with soap and preferably hot water is still the best preventative) is still the best COVID-19 preparation that anyone can take at this point. :)

Back