testtest

CPap for Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
Read an article or really just the headline that as a close to last resort a cpap machine might be used if absolutely no ventilators could be found. My wife is a pharmacist and at 2am said maybe if nothing else is available. I just thought it was an interesting theory but never having used one what’s everyones opinions?

Read an article or really just the headline that as a close to last resort a cpap machine might be used if absolutely no ventilators could be found. My wife is a pharmacist and at 2am said maybe if nothing else is available. I just thought it was an interesting theory but never having used one what’s everyones opinions?
Well it forces oxygen into the lungs which aides in keeping the oxygen saturation’s up. Could be a good tool sense this is a major respiratory illness.

Two different vehicles, but at this moment in time, they are looking at every option they have available. Policies that would never be allowed in a hospital a month ago are being used today. They are looking at ways to be creative and to get us through.

Maybe, they may have to crank them up and cut back the humidifier. Some of the new ones will auto adjust the pressure. I use one nightly but I can't turn up the pressure myself.

I use to be a medic in the air force.

Maybe, they may have to crank them up and cut back the humidifier. Some of the new ones will auto adjust the pressure. I use one nightly but I can't turn up the pressure myself.

I use to be a medic in the air force.

You can. I was told the same and saw a YouTube video of a guy holding a button down as he turned it on. I bumped mine from 8, whatever the units are, to 10.

I have used one for 14 years with O2 when I sleep. Mine is only set at 8 but I know it can be adjusted by a tech. Also have an old one which says it has reached it's maximum useful life but still works. I would donate one if they say there is a need. Not as bad here as elsewhere in the nation, 1800 confirmed positive and 24 dead here in Michigan so far. Mandatory shelter in place now. Only travel for groceries, health needs and those workers needed for listed necessary public service, medical or food logistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back