testtest

Creating a Bug in Plan

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

To Bug In or to Bug Out that is the Question?

Everyone's needs, values, priorities and abilities are different. Even if you and your neighbor are both affected by the exact same emergency, you may bug in while he bugs out — the nature of the disaster itself is an important factor in making that decision, but it's not the only one.

Creating a Bug in Plan

Worthwhile info for consideration. Ignore the sales pitches.

Last edited:
For my purposes, unless it's a direct hit by a major hurricane, I would lay low, and bug in. You are right about the nature of the disaster, but for where I'm located, I think I'm better hiding here, then trying to fight it out on the move with a lot of unknowns.

I’ve had a bug out plan ever since Iben Browning predicted a major earthquake on the New Madrid fault for 1990. That prediction sent a wave of panic through the Midwest causing a run on batteries and bottled water. You couldn’t find a battery within 200 miles of New Madrid MO. Our bug out plan became easier when we bought our first RV in 2003.

My bug in plan was developed when experts predicted disastrous results would occur when all the computers crashed because the computer hardware and software systems weren’t set up to handle the date change to 2000.

Of course neither disaster occurred but my wife and I still have bug out/in plans in place. When Covid-19 hit the U.S. we already had a huge supply of toilet paper. :LOL:

I’ve had a bug out plan ever since Iben Browning predicted a major earthquake on the New Madrid fault for 1990. That prediction sent a wave of panic through the Midwest causing a run on batteries and bottled water. You couldn’t find a battery within 200 miles of New Madrid MO. Our bug out plan became easier when we bought our first RV in 2003.

My bug in plan was developed when experts predicted disastrous results would occur when all the computers crashed because the computer hardware and software systems weren’t set up to handle the date change to 2000.

Of course neither disaster occurred but my wife and I still have bug out/in plans in place. When Covid-19 hit the U.S. we already had a huge supply of toilet paper. :LOL:
Nice name drop! "Y2K" That brings me back to my mid 20's real quick!

Conditions, needs and their variables exist. Cramped in city or spread out in country? Out in BFE country the concerns and variables are considered lot more often than not or are soon painfully realized. Usually always well stock piled if thinking. "Safe rooms" or safer areas if nothing else is available come to mind when emergencies visit.

Back