testtest

Defending my Legacy one custom gun at a time

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
Customized these XDM’S for some youtubers. The green one was to match WHO_TEE_WHO‘s Ford Ranger that he has on his videos.
07531C2A-E598-4F15-8D7C-6F0CCADB6104.jpeg
11FA845F-ECCE-49A0-8173-B29B020FC8F5.jpeg

The work looks flawless, but the decision to do that to a couple real nice guns just baffles me. I know the "different strokes for different folks" thing, but dang that's just a step too far. I would expect these two owners to probably have silver tips on the toes of their cowboy boots, and their names tooled into the back of their belts! Gads, I hope I'm wrong!!!!

Oh no, did he really say that? o_O:rolleyes::unsure::whistle:

The work looks flawless, but the decision to do that to a couple real nice guns just baffles me. I know the "different strokes for different folks" thing, but dang that's just a step too far. I would expect these two owners to probably have silver tips on the toes of their cowboy boots, and their names tooled into the back of their belts! Gads, I hope I'm wrong!!!!

I wouldn’t have a problem doing something like this to one of my guns.
I say that but other than a couple shotguns, a few rifles and one SS .357 Magnum every single gun I own and all their accompanying accessories are pitch black. Well, the trigger on my Q5 is Walther blue and so is the range holster for it. But it’s strictly a range gun. Hmm. I wouldn’t have a problem having a custom cerakote job done on that one. Have to think about that.

Any weapon I’m going to be carrying or perceive a defensive use for is always going to be black though.

Any weapon I’m going to be carrying or perceive a defensive use for is always going to be black though.

Agree.

I do like some of the film coatings I've seen, and those two above ...well to each their own. The splattered look yea not me, the flag look I do like, but I'd carry neither.

If you look up one of the guys you will see it is right up his alley

If you look up one of the guys you will see it is right up his alley
Ha Ha!!!! The pictures don't show it, but I'll bet a dollar to a donut he has silver tips on the toes of his cowboy boots and his name is tooled into the back of his belt !!!! How the hell else would he know his own name?

I don't know, maybe not, I'm just bustin' his chops over messing up a nice handgun like that.

I think there’s a large generational gap when it comes to painting guns. Folks my age (40’s) were the first generation to grow up with home video game systems and arcades with shooting games a plenty. Time Crisis, Area 51, House of the Dead, etc were all flashy and bright. The controllers started out as the standard blue or red guns but quickly evolved to bright colors and patterns. Combine that with advanced coatings, an increase in the popularity of recreational shooting, and the truly artful work like XDMan provides and you end up with a broad market for expressive paint jobs. I’d encourage everyone to look through XDMans catalogue. There are some seriously amazing pieces. For those of you who don’t do social media, I’m making a gallery of his work and will link to that thread in a few minutes.

This is the gallery I mentioned.

I think there’s a large generational gap when it comes to painting guns. Folks my age (40’s) were the first generation to grow up with home video game systems and arcades with shooting games a plenty. Time Crisis, Area 51, House of the Dead, etc were all flashy and bright. The controllers started out as the standard blue or red guns but quickly evolved to bright colors and patterns. Combine that with advanced coatings, an increase in the popularity of recreational shooting, and the truly artful work like XDMan provides and you end up with a broad market for expressive paint jobs. I’d encourage everyone to look through XDMans catalogue. There are some seriously amazing pieces. For those of you who don’t do social media, I’m making a gallery of his work and will link to that thread in a few minutes.

I grew up in that age group, and I think it's more of viewing firearms as either tools (with a very specific job), or as fashion/“lifestyle” accessories.

I fall solidly in the first group. Refinishing a firearm with a functional camo pattern to be used for hunting/defense/etc makes sense to me; the other patterns...not so much. Makes as much sense as putting skulls on a screwdriver.

Then again, my vehicles are plain vanilla as well; no hot rod flames, no gun stickers...vehicles are tools to get me from point a to point b; they aren’t fashion or lifestyle accessories, either.

That being said—I am NOT bashing the work done, or people who like such decorations—XDMan's work is top notch, that's plainly obvious; and people are gonna like what they like...it's just not for everyone.

Back