testtest

Democrats Trying to Ban Carrying on The Capitol For Lawmakers

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
New proposal by some House Democrats on banning colleagues from carrying on capital grounds.

I may catch some flack but if we can't carry , then why should they be able to? With that said , I don't like this idea because it is coming from the anti gun side of things.
I think just like you it seems. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Magazine capacity is another. If we must have only 10rds. then so do the cops.
Another is cops using cell phones and typing on their laptop while driving. I've just about been hit by law enforcement more than once while they were doing those two things....OH but no they are allowed to do that by law... of course. Whatever happened to letting the dispatcher do the looking up of stuff so they can pay attention to driving?

I'm Just going to say this on this topic.
If any lawmaker wants to pass a law in any aspect they first must be subject to said law. For example, If they want to remove guns from the american people they first need to go without armed protection and their personal firearms needs to be confiscated. another example i have is insurance and or health cost. If they want the american people to pay these outrageous prices then they first need to pay them.

I'm Just going to say this on this topic.
If any lawmaker wants to pass a law in any aspect they first must be subject to said law. For example, If they want to remove guns from the american people they first need to go without armed protection and their personal firearms needs to be confiscated. another example i have is insurance and or health cost. If they want the american people to pay these outrageous prices then they first need to pay them.
Couldn't say it any better than that KL. I specifically thought of the Health Insurance issue as well, where they get covered 100% with much much better health care than their constituents (probably why the Covid vaccine was provided to them first too). Well done Sir.

She won her right to carry to work and Dem lawmakers signed off on it.

so, doesnt that allow any citizen in a super restrictive state like Illinois, California or other the ability to sue the state to allow the same conceal carry??

how can “do as I say, not as I do” be a grounds for defense? So the CA or IL lawmaker can carry to work but his constituents cannot.

Congress voted to allow themselves to carry even while inside the capital building several decades ago. The rule says they must keep their firearms in their offices, locked away and unloaded. Just how many do you suppose follow the 2nd part of that rule? An even better question is just how do they transport it between wherever they are at any given time, and the travel to their congressional offices? Go here to see and read where a CCW can and cannot be legally carried/transported/stored in and around DC. What a 'hodge-podge' of nonsensical and non-sensible regulations this is!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

: https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws-state/washington-dc-gun-laws/

New proposal by some House Democrats on banning colleagues from carrying on capital grounds.

Currently guns can be carried in Congressional office buildings and surrounding areas but not the chambers or surrounding offices. I believe this goes back to late 60's or early 70's.

Back