testtest

Disappeared thread

Ok. Wait. So, the section that says: of topic is limited to everything else except politics?

where is the policy? Is there a written statement on this board that says: these topics are off limits? Because I don’t remember reading that and I’ve been here since day 1.

moderators? You’ll need to address this issue.

Just be be clear....there is a "policy statement" posted a week or two ago about what is aloud and what is not. Again, to be fair, there has be rules, without them we would have anarchy. Look what's happening all over the country. The question is where do you draw the line?
I'm looking for the rules now.

Everyone needs to understand that threads will be removed if they go off topic and or certain members become offensive. There are certain categories that political threads can be discussed and those that they can not. Remember the forum is sponsored by Springfield Armory and we need to understand that if we as members say something that is offensive or inflammatory it could affect SA in a negative way.

Heck, I don't even remember who authored the original post. A lot of the topic subject matter/threads tend to overlap at the site, so who the heck can recall what was even contained in the post(s). Was it an educational/informative topic, or one meant to initiate (instigate?) meaningful conversation? 🤔

Heck, I don't even remember who authored the original post. A lot of the topic subject matter/threads tend to overlap at the site, so who the heck can recall what was even contained in the post(s). Was it an educational/informative topic, or one meant to initiate (instigate?) meaningful conversation? 🤔
The thread that was posted was started by a very respectable member who I feel has never instigated or created any conflict on the forum and has only been a positive contributor since day one.

I feel the link in the provided thread gave people thought into where the funding for the riots and public discourse was coming from. The groups involved with the riots are generously funded by outside sources with possible links to other nations who would like to divide us as a nation. There was no inflammatory remarks made in the link and when I last checked before bed I didn't see anyone getting worked up or disrespectful.

The thread that was posted was started by a very respectable member who I feel has never instigated or created any conflict on the forum and has only been a positive contributor since day one.

I feel the link in the provided thread gave people thought into where the funding for the riots and public discourse was coming from. The groups involved with the riots are generously funded by outside sources with possible links to other nations who would like to divide us as a nation. There was no inflammatory remarks made in the link and when I last checked before bed I didn't see anyone getting worked up or disrespectful.
My guess is the thread was originally posted in the incorrect category, all that being said the rules are the rules and for the sake of the forum and especially Springfield Armory we need to follow them. Everyone on the forum that is currently very active has been very respectful and from what I understand the individual who perhaps stepped out of bounds in the thread has been notified.

Just be be clear....there is a "policy statement" posted a week or two ago about what is aloud and what is not. Again, to be fair, there has be rules, without them we would have anarchy. Look what's happening all over the country. The question is where do you draw the line?
I'm looking for the rules now.
This forum is a membership invite group and being part of a club there is certain rules to follow. If the thread in question was in violation of the listed rules I have no objection with taking it down but if the rules become fluid and in the moment that's kinda a slap in the face to the poster of the thread.

Large reach media is where censorship gets ugly its setting a really dangerous precedent for our future.
Youtube, Twitter, & Facebook are taking a political side on who gets censored everyday which limits our free speech and it only lets one side of a narrative be heard which can have lasting damaging affects on our freedom's as you can see with the communist rise we are facing currently. You can see the hypocrisy with the way things are handled like the recent instance of a convicted violent rapist who was shot and had a Go-fund me setup which reached $2 million dollars but another person who has been arrested for defending himself had his Go-fund me shut down for political reasons.

Good or bad everybody, this is the internet. You lose control of whatever you put out there the minute it’s posted and more than likely retained forever. Including this post :poop:

i miss the 80s and 90s when things were simpler but then again I would not have learned so much so quickly without this board. Pros and cons...

Let’s keep it fun, informative, and as always respect each other.

Well said 10mm, completely agree

Concur. Wasn't accusing anyone in particular, just stating that some threads tend to go off-the-rails on occasion, and the subject matter of some some topics get "blended" due to their wording/statements, etc. Why it was deleted by the mods I have no idea, as I don't recall the thread that well.

With all due respect to the site, most of the subject matter here is pretty much the same on a regular basis, just presented under a different title on a different day, but most sites tend to do that anyway, just as the national news cycle becomes repetitive also, which will more than likely provide some entirely new topics on (or after) November 3rd. Just my two cents worth for today. ;)

I was the author of the deleted thread. I was told it was deleted since it wasn’t 2A related, which is why I placed it under the “lounge” category. There are threads on this forum (Some quite recent), that aren’t 2A related and yet they remain (as I feel they should). I wasn’t aware of any nasty political statements or rude poster behavior in the thread (at least the last I had read it), I guess the subject matter hit too close to home and it was either reported as not 2A related (which it really wasn’t), by a member or moderator and hence deleted.
The policies need to be applied consistently In my opinion. Either remove all threads that aren’t 2A related in the “lounge” category (which is supposedly the purpose of that category for threads that don’t fall into any other category), or delete offensive posts but leave the thread.

Back