testtest

Disarm SRO's-In Indiana of all places

I don't know Indiana law that well, but I doubt the school board has the legal authority to disarm sworn officers. If I were the chief, I would just pull my officers out of the school altogether. But this is another stunning display of lunacy. Perhaps a sign in front of the school, "Active shooters welcome here"

Brilliant idea. Let's collectively, as a school and community, bury our heads in the sand and pretend we live in Mayberry circa de 1950. Disarm sworn police officers? The fact that idea is even being mentioned much less put into action tells quite a bit about our current level of common sense firearms knowledge in this country.

An SRO is an invaluable tool.

-projects a positive police atmosphere to kids about law enforcement.
-helps keep order in the school. Kids know he is there and can assist school in law breaking activity. Example: drugs. kids may be less prone to do those things on campus knowing he is there
- is there to deter a possible shooter with a visible squad car out front. Criminal act knows there will be a quick response.

just lunacy on the policy. I dont think there is a legal merit as others have stated

We have SRO's (all full-time LEOs) in each of our schools (Elem, Middle, & HS) here, which totals around 13 iirc. The SRO's are a valuable resource, and a positive role model for the students. I worked in the school system, and was glad to see them there. Of course I guess we're lucky here. It's a pro-America, pro-Military area. They still say the Pledge of Allegience every morning at each school, and at just about every home game within the school sports system.

To bad the only inoculation for stupidity is terminal...or is it?

Well, you can’t fix stupid but you can punish it. Unfortunately in this case it’s the wrong people who will likely be punished. In this case, school children.

That's Bloomington, which is a liberal hole in an otherwise very conservative state. I wish I could say this stupidity is surprising.

Back