testtest

Discover Wild Hog (Feral Hog) Populations by State

we have tons and tons of them.
problem recently around us is land owners that want to lease you privilege to hunt them are charging insane rates and not taking care of property, like keeping gate us, running off trespassers dumping trash etc, tearing up feeders

then the land owners that have a big hog problem dont want any one hunting on their land becasue of liability

we have tons and tons of them.
problem recently around us is land owners that want to lease you privilege to hunt them are charging insane rates and not taking care of property, like keeping gate us, running off trespassers dumping trash etc, tearing up feeders

then the land owners that have a big hog problem dont want any one hunting on their land becasue of liability
If folks are shooting hogs and not eating the meat, then why in the world would a person pay a dime to kill something from which they get no benefit? I understand about the liability issue, but I believe hunters could sign a waiver that would limit liability. KillerFord has made a rather large investment to hunt successfully. I would think landowners would pay for his service.

we eat only what we kill
we spent 1200 for lease, another 500 over the 12 months in corn, supplies, rope, feeder repairs.
costs us at time .50 pound to have processed into stuff. we could do that at home, but i am limited on a good clean area and tools.
then for us the area was just a tad over 2 hr drive, 2 miles of this was a horrible county road of red dirt, leaves, pine straw, slick stuff, so any rain made for a FUN FUN time getting to the lease
so 3 days a week we ran up there, when gas was better priced i could get 3 trips on a tank and spend so much
once gas freaked i still could get three trips, but paid over 120 for the pleasure
property was huge, but less than 1/4 was accessible even with a mule if it rained . hogs and deer loved it, so did a few gators
then the gates got busted and the owner stopped caring about property and then vandals took over. we lost a feeder, and had one tore apart and to thank us they would leave the garbage and beer cans
had game warden come out a few times, but since we were leasing and not owner...law hands were tied because owner didnt want to drive down 4 hrs to deal with it.
i have a good friend that has over 100 acres and hogs galore. he kills them each week, digs holes and buries them.
he is afraid of liability, even though i have known and hunted with him for decades on other property. he has a lot to loose if i did something stupid. even with letter of absolving him of any liability. he does not even let his kids hunt there.
i think a lot has to do with the property layout an done could easily
shoot across property lines if not paying attention, but most place are like that
hogs are now outside our neighborhood, so in a few month i expect them to start getting in my yard..then they get a 308

1676762721250.gif

Back