testtest

Do I know how to waste money or what?

Nevadasun

Operator
So, I want to replace the O-ring on my threaded barrel. I get on line and find a gun website that sells them, and for "only $8.98" I order five. Then, I got to thinking, these look the same size as what I use on the Harley drain plugs. Harley's are a "high heat VITON" rubber, what I purchased was a "high heat Viton rubber", but will they fit? It's an exact fit, and I have dozens of the Harley O-rings. I'm sure there is a moral to this story,..........I just have to find it.

Attachments

• 20230521_165603.jpg
    20230521_165603.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230521_165707.jpg
    20230521_165707.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 64
Can you cancel the order?

If not, can you return them? Even if they hit you for a "restocking fee*," it's gotta be less than $45+shipping.

Actually, I've found that MOST places these days have pretty good customer service, especially if you get get an actual human being on the phone.

As my Late Great Dad used to say, "You learn something new every day, if you're not careful." ;)

*Also known in this sort of situation as a Stupidity Tax.

Can you cancel the order?

If not, can you return them? Even if they hit you for a "restocking fee*," it's gotta be less than $45+shipping.

Actually, I've found that MOST places these days have pretty good customer service, especially if you get get an actual human being on the phone.

As my Late Great Dad used to say, "You learn something new every day, if you're not careful." ;)

*Also known in this sort of situation as a Stupidity Tax.
Actually, it was $8.98 for everything including shipping. Guess I should have been more clear.

Fyi… most auto parts stores have behind the counter an “O” ring selection in a box from super tiny to monsters that are sold individually.
Usually .10 cents for small and up to a whopping .79 cents for larger.
Whether auto, pool, guns, furniture, they have like a box of ascending sizes of O rings

So, I want to replace the O-ring on my threaded barrel. I get on line and find a gun website that sells them, and for "only $8.98" I order five. Then, I got to thinking, these look the same size as what I use on the Harley drain plugs. Harley's are a "high heat VITON" rubber, what I purchased was a "high heat Viton rubber", but will they fit? It's an exact fit, and I have dozens of the Harley O-rings. I'm sure there is a moral to this story,..........I just have to find it.
Local neighborhood Lowes or Home Depot sells them and that's were I buy mine. I was about to purchase from a firearm accessories vendor, but being that I am impatient, I thought to check Home Depot first. Got a whole pack for only a few dollars. Harbor Freight should have then too.

Last edited:
I could buy a Rossi 92 spring kit for about $25 w/o shipping. On the other hand, I could buy a Wolf Ruger spring pack (3) for $9 and ejector springs (5) for $5. It pays to search for viable alternatives from knowledgeable sources of information.

Back