testtest

DOD Report recommends draconian firearms restrictions and registration.

OkiePewPew

Staff member

The liberals use the military as their societal change testing ground AND this affects Citizens who buy on base.

Repeat after me: Registration always leads to confiscation​

Question for the military guys and gals in here- I know you belong to the military while you’re in, but do you loose all Constitutional rights?

Major points

•On DoD property, raise the minimum age for purchasing firearms and ammunition to 25 years.

• Implement a seven-day waiting period for any firearm purchased on DoD property.
  • Develop a national database for recording serial numbers of firearms purchased on DoD property.
  • Implement a four-day waiting period for ammunition purchases on DoD property to follow purchases and receipt of firearms purchased on DoD property.
  • Establish command notification procedures when a service member or family member who lives on DoD property purchases a firearm on DoD property.
  • Require anyone living on DoD property in military housing to register all privately-owned firearms with the installation’s arming authority and to securely store all privately-owned firearms in a locked safe or with another locking device.
  • Establish DoD policy restricting the possession and storage of privately owned firearms in military barracks and dormitories.
  • Prohibit the possession of privately owned firearms that are not related to the performance of official duties on DoD property by anyone who does not live on DoD property.
Sorry about all the bold at the top. Can’t get it to go away.
Edit- Yes, I know how to use the forums formatting features.

Is this the same Pentagon that the Biden administration is currently blaming for the debacle of a withdrawal from Afghanistan ? The same Pentagon that thought it was just fine to let a Chinese spy balloon traverse the entire breadth of the country before shooting it down with a 4 million dollar missile ?

The liberals use the military as their societal change testing ground AND this affects Citizens who buy on base.

Repeat after me: Registration always leads to confiscation​

Question for the military guys and gals in here- I know you belong to the military while you’re in, but do you loose all Constitutional rights?

Major points

•On DoD property, raise the minimum age for purchasing firearms and ammunition to 25 years.

• Implement a seven-day waiting period for any firearm purchased on DoD property.
  • Develop a national database for recording serial numbers of firearms purchased on DoD property.
  • Implement a four-day waiting period for ammunition purchases on DoD property to follow purchases and receipt of firearms purchased on DoD property.
  • Establish command notification procedures when a service member or family member who lives on DoD property purchases a firearm on DoD property.
  • Require anyone living on DoD property in military housing to register all privately-owned firearms with the installation’s arming authority and to securely store all privately-owned firearms in a locked safe or with another locking device.
  • Establish DoD policy restricting the possession and storage of privately owned firearms in military barracks and dormitories.
  • Prohibit the possession of privately owned firearms that are not related to the performance of official duties on DoD property by anyone who does not live on DoD property.
Sorry about all the bold at the top. Can’t get it to go away.
Edit- Yes, I know how to use the forums formatting features.
Okie,

No, military service members do not lose their constitutional rights as American citizens. However, there are restrictions. For example, you cannot tell your commanding officer to get bent without facing punishment. First Amendment right guaranteed, but muted somewhat.

I purchased a rifle last spring on Fort Sill and had to go through the same federal requirements every other American citizen had to go through to purchase a firearm. No more, no less.

Married military service members who live on post must register their firearms with the installation and keep them stored securely in their government quarters. Single military service members are required to store their firearms off post or in the unit arms room.

I have never purchased a gun on a military base. When i lived in barracks my gun had to be stored in armory on base. When i got married i could store them in my base quarters but most of the time i lived off base.

Spent several years in USAF involved in Security Forces so I saw a few UCMJ stuff.

Short answer you don’t loose rights however there’s more steps. There were restrictions on private firearms in dorms however base housing you were good….but the base wanted to know what you had.

There was no CCW on base (that whole federal property thing) unless one was approved by the commander. Now serveral bases allow it with LEOSA as well as some with a permit but that is not a uniform across the board accepted practice. Each base is different and if it’s a joint base (AFB and Army Army usually has control and you are not getting anything)

And how the UCMJ is set up if you get hit with one charge they usually have you on 2-3 others and it’s not a double jeopardy violation which is sort of BS to me. While any Judge will consolidate to one many do not and your facing 2-3 charges for the same offense!

I have never purchased a gun on a military base. When i lived in barracks my gun had to be stored in armory on base. When i got married i could store them in my base quarters but most of the time i lived off base.
I always check the gun counter for sales, and tax free is always a plus.

Okie,

No, military service members do not lose their constitutional rights as American citizens. However, there are restrictions. For example, you cannot tell your commanding officer to get bent without facing punishment. First Amendment right guaranteed, but muted somewhat.

I purchased a rifle last spring on Fort Sill and had to go through the same federal requirements every other American citizen had to go through to purchase a firearm. No more, no less.

Married military service members who live on post must register their firearms with the installation and keep them stored securely in their government quarters. Single military service members are required to store their firearms off post or in the unit arms room.
I thought some of that looked redundant. We go on base all the time and are familiar with residential rules from friends. Have also bought several guns from the X. No way they can get away with a registry for non-military.

Years ago, even after 9-11 as a civilian working on an Army post, I could bring a gun on post and leave it locked up in my car as long as I registered it with the Provost Marshals Office. Now I guess, thanks to Biden’s paranoia, that may no longer be allowed.

Years ago, even after 9-11 as a civilian working on an Army post, I could bring a gun on post and leave it locked up in my car as long as I registered it with the Provost Marshals Office. Now I guess, thanks to Biden’s paranoia, that may no longer be allowed.
I had to register my firearms to use the long range on post. Restrictions are easing now and short stops are authorized when entering and exiting the installation. Long term storage in your vehicle is forbidden.

Back