testtest

Does anyone carry the XDE

southtex

Professional
Founding Member
I was wondering with the flood of new carry guns if anyone carries the XDE. I have been looking at the 3.8 along with the Hellcat as possible EDC's replacing my P365 XL. With the popularity of the Hellcat I would imagine a longer barrel (3.5-3.8) is probably in the future which would be a plus for me. I have limited shooting with the XDE 3.3 (2 magazines) and then the owner got rid of it shortly afterwards. Any comments on performance and carry would be appreciated.

I was wondering with the flood of new carry guns if anyone carries the XDE. I have been looking at the 3.8 along with the Hellcat as possible EDC's replacing my P365 XL. With the popularity of the Hellcat I would imagine a longer barrel (3.5-3.8) is probably in the future which would be a plus for me. I have limited shooting with the XDE 3.3 (2 magazines) and then the owner got rid of it shortly afterwards. Any comments on performance and carry would be appreciated.
I carry the XDE. I sent it to Langdon tactical last year and had them do their magic to it. They took a nice gun and made it an excellent gun. I’ve shot it in training classes and have been very happy with its performance. I guess it depends on your needs. I prefer a sa/da pistol as I like having my thumb on that hammer when holstering.

I carry the XDE. I sent it to Langdon tactical last year and had them do their magic to it. They took a nice gun and made it an excellent gun. I’ve shot it in training classes and have been very happy with its performance. I guess it depends on your needs. I prefer a sa/da pistol as I like having my thumb on that hammer when holstering.
Thank You for the input. Do you carry the 3.3 or 3.8.

I actually had won an XDE 3.3 in a gun contest a few years back when they first came out (yeah, I have won a total of 3 SA guns, I really should start buying lottery tickets) and I kind of hated the XDE. It was huge for a single stack, being about the same size as a as my CZ75 Compact that I was carrying at the time but half the capacity. It had a blah double action trigger and the single action was long and nothing special. I sold it a few days after I picked it up from the FFL. In the face of the Hellcat, 365 and even the SKYY DVG I would not recommend it. It looks like it is XDs size, but its not. The striker fired XD series single stacks are smaller and I shoot them better for about the same capacity.

I carry the XDE 3.3” 9mm, and it is great. I put a Viridian laser on it and it hits right where the laser points. Never had a problem with it feeding, firing or ejecting. It is very easy to rack and I truly think hammer fired is better. The decococking mechanism works great, so I can carry it the way that fits where I am going. I wasn’t sure when I got it, but it has become my favorite. A truly great handgun!

I carry it decocked most of the time to make my first shot double action which I consider another safety. But what I like about it is that I can carry it cocked and ready, cocked and safety on or decocked. Pretty versatile!

I carry mine in a holster that came with the Viridian (IWB) and for OWB is purchased one from Crossbreed that allows for the Viridian. No complaints and they both work well and are comfortable.

I also have the 3.3 version in 9MM. I carry it IWB in a Vedder LightTuck holster at my 4 oclock. That way I have no issues getting in and out of a car and it doesn't print with anything I wear.

I had a XDS 45 for a short time but found the Shield PC 45 to be a better fit for me. The XDE 3.8 is currently a gun peaking my interest. I don't really care for my 365 XL sights and I know I can put the TFX Pro Orange on a Springfield. I must say if not for the sights (my vision) the 365 XL is an excellent gun for everyday carry. I actually shoot the gun pretty well just stay annoyed with the sights.

I like the XDe because I feel a little more comfortable with a DA first trigger pull and being able to feel the position of the hammer with my thumb when the XDe is under my shirt. Just when I think I am being overly concerned, I read about something like the Sheriff in Georgia having an accidental discharge in a Walmart store. If that can happen to a Sheriff, I think it could happen to anybody. And, the second through the ninth trigger pull on the XDe is really nice!

Back