testtest

Does anyone else have special feelings for AK-47? Tell me why.

Javin

Alpha
AK-47: When one thing achieves enough high, it becomes an art piece.

For me, AK-47 goes beyond a firearm, it’s more of a symbol of a nation, a system, an ideology whose influence is so great that it also appears on the flags, emblems, and banknotes of several countries.

AK47.jpg

In the documentary <Kony 2012>, one of the key bases of the LRA(the Lord's Resistance Army) is in Uganda, where the harsh climate makes many weapons prone to rust and even be scrapped. But for the extreme fighters, even the worst AK-47 with a little maintenance, after a few years in the bunker, can fire continuously as if it were new.

AK-47 Uganda
An LRA warrior less than 12 years old

The AK-47's use is not limited to fighting and slaughter, one can see it everywhere from weddings in North Africa to robberies in South Africa. In many countries, they are a symbol of power and wealth; after all, in a region where there is no order, what gives people the most sense of security is nothing else but the weapon that keeps firing bullets in their hands.

Today the AK-47 is no longer just a weapon, it has long been a symbol of a chain of things: initially a symbol of the Soviet regime, and then a symbol of the Cold War and armed resistance, and finally a symbol of terrorism, bloodshed and all the atrocities of war. And in the process, its role did not decline with time, but rather, it was as if time had become the fundamental element in its expansion and proliferation.

No one can say how many AKs are in circulation in the world, or how many other factories are producing them - its origins are so confusing and secret that an accurate count is almost impossible. How long will it last? We can't be sure, but there is no doubt that as long as you turn on the TV, the Web, and play video games, it's understandable that as long as the AK echoes, we will continue to live in an era of hidden deadly danger.

AK-47: When one thing achieves enough high, it becomes an art piece.

For me, AK-47 goes beyond a firearm, it’s more of a symbol of a nation, a system, an ideology whose influence is so great that it also appears on the flags, emblems, and banknotes of several countries.

View attachment 15585

In the documentary <Kony 2012>, one of the key bases of the LRA(the Lord's Resistance Army) is in Uganda, where the harsh climate makes many weapons prone to rust and even be scrapped. But for the extreme fighters, even the worst AK-47 with a little maintenance, after a few years in the bunker, can fire continuously as if it were new.

View attachment 15586 An LRA warrior less than 12 years old

The AK-47's use is not limited to fighting and slaughter, one can see it everywhere from weddings in North Africa to robberies in South Africa. In many countries, they are a symbol of power and wealth; after all, in a region where there is no order, what gives people the most sense of security is nothing else but the weapon that keeps firing bullets in their hands.

Today the AK-47 is no longer just a weapon, it has long been a symbol of a chain of things: initially a symbol of the Soviet regime, and then a symbol of the Cold War and armed resistance, and finally a symbol of terrorism, bloodshed and all the atrocities of war. And in the process, its role did not decline with time, but rather, it was as if time had become the fundamental element in its expansion and proliferation.

No one can say how many AKs are in circulation in the world, or how many other factories are producing them - its origins are so confusing and secret that an accurate count is almost impossible. How long will it last? We can't be sure, but there is no doubt that as long as you turn on the TV, the Web, and play video games, it's understandable that as long as the AK echoes, we will continue to live in an era of hidden deadly danger.
My opinion, AK-47's are like the Eveready Bunny of rifles. They go virtually forever w/o much maintenance, just lube well and go. If made fairly well originally, they need very minor cleaning. When needed can take a lot of abuse and neglect w/o breaking down. Tight tolerances can be as bad or worse than loose tolerances in sand, mud and yuck. Gun just works and works. - That's part of an AK-47's real beauty.

I have always been fond of the AK47. The AK was featured in tons of movies when I was a kid, so it was already recognizable to me when I got into shooting. Taxpayers were kind enough to pay for me to get trained on the AR platform, but I was still curious about the AK. I purchased an AK when I started having to pay for my own ammo, and until very recently steel-cased 7.62x39 was readily available for a fraction of the cost of brass-cased 5.56.

I love that the AK is an absolute workhorse that never needs to be babied. AR's are fantastic rifles, but it's nice to have a gun that I don't worry about getting dirty, dinged and scratched. I would never put my AK through any of the abuse like I've seen in Youtube torture tests, but it's nice to know that the gun could survive that kind of treatment. The AK47 is simply a fun gun to shoot that could effectively be used as a battle rifle, if necessary.

I've never really gotten into the AK vs. AR debate, because I've been blessed enough to be able to own both. I'd recommend picking one up to any rifle enthusiast with the financial means to do so.

I have always been fond of the AK47. The AK was featured in tons of movies when I was a kid, so it was already recognizable to me when I got into shooting. Taxpayers were kind enough to pay for me to get trained on the AR platform, but I was still curious about the AK. I purchased an AK when I started having to pay for my own ammo, and until very recently steel-cased 7.62x39 was readily available for a fraction of the cost of brass-cased 5.56.

I love that the AK is an absolute workhorse that never needs to be babied. AR's are fantastic rifles, but it's nice to have a gun that I don't worry about getting dirty, dinged and scratched. I would never put my AK through any of the abuse like I've seen in Youtube torture tests, but it's nice to know that the gun could survive that kind of treatment. The AK47 is simply a fun gun to shoot that could effectively be used as a battle rifle, if necessary.

I've never really gotten into the AK vs. AR debate, because I've been blessed enough to be able to own both. I'd recommend picking one up to any rifle enthusiast with the financial means to do so.
Pretty much sums up more of my feelings on both rifles. Sort of like and not really any different than using any other or which tool for what? There are good and bad beaters and good an bad top shelf tools. Are mostly good reasons for all.

Back