testtest

Dominant eye

M224speed

Alpha
I just found out I'm cross dominant. My shooting has been going downhill since I had a tumor removed on the left side of my face along with 20 radiation treatments. I'm 68 years old and I have always been right eye dominant and I'm right handed. My left eye is now my dominant eye. I'm taking my training to a new level since I have to relearn how to shoot, I'm doing it with both eyes open and it's working out well. I can actually hit the target and now I'm a happy camper.

I'm not necessarily cross eyed dominant I just that way at times. I'm a southpaw by nature and due to my wrist being unsupportive it forced me to be right handed (handguns only). Rifles and shotties I'm ambidextrous and which is used makes no difference. I'm at least fortunate in that way. Baseball, tennis, bowling, basketball and many other sports 8t has become handy.

I just found out I'm cross dominant. My shooting has been going downhill since I had a tumor removed on the left side of my face along with 20 radiation treatments. I'm 68 years old and I have always been right eye dominant and I'm right handed. My left eye is now my dominant eye. I'm taking my training to a new level since I have to relearn how to shoot, I'm doing it with both eyes open and it's working out well. I can actually hit the target and now I'm a happy camper.
M224speed, I'm glad you are getting out there and still doing what you enjoy. Adapt and overcome is what you have done. I know those radiation treatments can be rough having gone through a similar experience. I wish you the very best in your future training. Tear it up brother

Sorry to hear of your medical issues but it can be overcome, the shooting part

I have shot left eye dominant , left hand dominant, but using my right hand my entire life. My father forced me to shoot that way until it became "natural" as he believed, rightly so in those days, that left handed equipment was harder to come by. I learned to shot and play all sports right handed.

Cant your head to the right and practice practice practice. If you ever see a picture of Jeff Cooper shooting a handgun you will notice this stance as he was left eye dominant but right handed.

I have actually spent a lot of time the past few years training left handed so as to be more ambidextrous. Which was harder that I thought it might be. A laser cartridge and target helped a ton and saved a lot in ammunition.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your medical issues but it can be overcome, the shooting part

I have shot left eye dominant , left hand dominant, but using my right hand my entire life. My father forced me to shoot that way until it became "natural" as he believed, rightly so in those days, that left handed equipment was harder to come by. I learned to shot and play all sports right handed.

Cant your head to the right and practice practice practice. If you ever see a picture of Jeff Cooper shooting a handgun you will notice this stance as he was left eye dominant but right handed.

I have actually spent a lot of time the past few years training left handed so as to be more ambidextrous. Which was harder that I thought it might be. A laser cartridge and target helped a ton and saved a lot in ammunition.
That's what I'm doing and it's working great. Thanks

I'm surprised red dots as a cure for cross-eye dominance isn't discussed more. It eliminates all the little tricks that CED shooters used to have to train themselves to do.

This is my new friend for practice and I'm getting good focus with both eyes open. I would've gone broke by now using real ammo. I don't have the recoil but I'm sure getting dialed in.
thumbnail.jpeg

Back