testtest

Donald Trump Jr. forms gun rights group

Ran across this tonight, looks like Donald Trump Jr is forming a new gun rights group called The Second Amendment Task Force, will have to see how this new organization works out.

I say why not. I don’t believe in the saying “to much of a good thing”
It’s another wagon in the circle to help support our rights.

What position exactly are you not a fan of ?
I'm a constitutional originalist and absolutist. The NRA is fine with the way things are now and I'm not.

There is no reason an 18 year old who can take out credit cards, loans of almost any kind, go to prison as an adult etc but not carry a gun to protect his or her life.

I also feel like if the govt can own so should We the People. The entire reason for the second is to keep the govt in check.

I want to see rights restored and the NRA just wants to keep the restrictions we have in place. They support restrictions on our rights and I do not.

I've always said there is a difference between pro-gun and pro-2A. The NRA is pro-gun. I am pro-2A

I say why not. I don’t believe in the saying “to much of a good thing”
It’s another wagon in the circle to help support our rights.
Exactly! How can one more or a hundred more pro 2nd Amendment organizations be a bad thing for the rights of the people? With the amount of anti gun activist, I just do not understand the writers viewpoint. Kind of seems to me like the writer is not exactly in support of gun rights.

The NRA totally supports lowering the carry age to 18 and constitutional carry.

As far as us owning what the government owns, I agree with you. I don’t see GOA or any other group openly advocating for legalizing full auto or other restricted firearms though. Probably because to do so would eliminate any possibility of support from any elected official. No one in congress is going to support that. They’re also not going to openly support any group that does. It’s kind of a catch 22. Do we throw all our effort into fights we can’t win or do we pick battles we can. And if you think the NRA isn’t the driving force behind half the country now being constitutional carry you’re wrong. If rather than that they spent their political capital on legalizing machine guns where do you think we’d be now ?

I’m not sure you really actually know what the NRA supports or doesn’t support. Mind you, I’m not faulting you for criticizing the NRA. They’ve done stuff that’s completely worthy of criticism. The least we owe them though is not to criticize them for things they’re not guilty of.

As far as us owning what the government owns, I agree with you. I don’t see GOA or any other group openly advocating for legalizing full auto or other restricted firearms though. Probably because to do so would eliminate any possibility of support from any elected official. No one in congress is going to support that. They’re also not going to openly support any group that does. It’s kind of a catch 22. Do we throw all our effort into fights we can’t win or do we pick battles we can. And if you think the NRA isn’t the driving force behind half the country now being constitutional carry you’re wrong. If rather than that they spent their political capital on legalizing machine guns where do you think we’d be now ?

I’m not sure you really actually know what the NRA supports or doesn’t support. Mind you, I’m not faulting you for criticizing the NRA. They’ve done stuff that’s completely worthy of criticism. The least we owe them though is not to criticize them for things they’re not guilty of.
Lol, don’t get me started on the NRA…..😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

I didn't bring the NRA into the discussion. But if we are going to have a discussion about the NRA it should be a factual one and not an emotional one. I'm not concerned with anyone's "Feelings" about anything. I deal with facts.
I was just making a joke, excuse me, I will keep my emotions and feelings to myself

And your problem with that is? It is total BS that an 18 year old can be sent to fight a war and die for their country at 18 but can't buy a friggin beer or conceal carry a weapon. At 18 you are an adult for purposes of law enforcement (charged as an adult) but in so many instances they are not treated as adults. Either your an adult at 18 or your not till your 21. Pick one if you choose the latter then they are to be treated as juveniles until they are 21, to include if they break the law. When I grew up you were an adult at 18 and with that came all of the rewards and responsibilities that came with being an adult. When national drinking age was initially instituted the military bases did not enforce it until public outcry and then they finally capitulated to it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most places you can buy a long gun, go hunting solo (without "adult" supervision) and buy ammo at 18 but must be 21 to purchase or possess a handgun. WTF?

And your problem with that is? It is total BS that an 18 year old can be sent to fight a war and die for their country at 18 but can't buy a friggin beer or conceal carry a weapon. At 18 you are an adult for purposes of law enforcement (charged as an adult) but in so many instances they are not treated as adults. Either your an adult at 18 or your not till your 21. Pick one if you choose the latter then they are to be treated as juveniles until they are 21, to include if they break the law. When I grew up you were an adult at 18 and with that came all of the rewards and responsibilities that came with being an adult. When national drinking age was initially instituted the military bases did not enforce it until public outcry and then they finally capitulated to it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but most places you can buy a long gun, go hunting solo (without "adult" supervision) and buy ammo at 18 but must be 21 to purchase or possess a handgun. WTF?
Who the hell said I had a problem with it ? Maybe re-read the last several posts. Much slower this time.

I read it as a bitch not a praise. If'n your on the other side of that fence then "my bad".

It's really not one of those things that could go either way. Someone says they don't like the NRA position, I ask which position, they reply that if you're 18 and old enough to fight for your country you should be able to carry a gun, I reply, the NRA supports lowering the carry age to 18. And you "Read that as a bitch".

If you didn't read the conversation for context then why comment on it ? :rolleyes:

Back