testtest

Dry Fire Tools

I use snap caps with my hammer guns and rimfire's and I'll dry fire my strikers. I actually practice sight acquisition almost every day where I'll draw and pull the gun up to my line of sight to see where my eyes land. I do this for muscle memory training.

Has anyone looked at the iTarget stuff at https://www.itargetpro.com? I saw an advertisement for it in Shooting Illustrated or some such magazine last year, and thought it looked pretty cool - laser is in a cartridge that is in the barrel of your gun, and the striker or hammer trigger the laser. Scoring is from a smart phone in a sled at the base of the target.

With the lack of ability to go to my normal indoor range, and being at about 150 rounds of 9mm in the house, I am thinking of getting something like that for dry fire type training. Working from a home office, I could just keep my XDM on the corner of the desk and practice throughout the day...

I was not that impressed with the itarget system. with the LASR system I can use any thing as a target including the larger targets. Also with the LASR system if you wanted to buy multiple licenses and do a house clearing exercise.

Back