testtest

Eagle One Never Dull - All Metal Polish

BobM

Hellcat
Was just using this on some small parts that turned our great and thought it might help someone else here and to pass on the info. Have used Never Dull metal polish for years to polish all sorts of metal, chrome, stainless, brass, copper, aluminum and projects like cars, gun parts, whatever, very good product. Cleans and polishes just about any finished metal have used it on. (Do not use on lacquered products.) Comes in a metal tin with chemically treated wadding inside. Simply tear off a chunk or wad and rub the metal lightly. Leaves a thin protective film behind. Unless metal's really tarnished badly goes pretty quick. Even then, not bad results. Have always tested on an inconspicuous or hidden area 1st, but haven't had and bad outcomes yet. Soap and water clean up. Have found it in many places like local auto parts, general purpose and hardware stores. A little seems to go a long way.

Eagle One Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish - Complete Auto Parts ...

More info:

Available at and other stores:

Was just using this on some small parts that turned our great and thought it might help someone else here and to pass on the info. Have used Never Dull metal polish for years to polish all sorts of metal, chrome, stainless, brass, copper, aluminum and projects like cars, gun parts, whatever, very good product. Cleans and polishes just about any finished metal have used it on. (Do not use on lacquered products.) Comes in a metal tin with chemically treated wadding inside. Simply tear off a chunk or wad and rub the metal lightly. Leaves a thin protective film behind. Unless metal's really tarnished badly goes pretty quick. Even then, not bad results. Have always tested on an inconspicuous or hidden area 1st, but haven't had and bad outcomes yet. Soap and water clean up. Have found it in many places like local auto parts, general purpose and hardware stores. A little seems to go a long way.

More info:

I've used it for years on various items. Smells like kerosene or some kind of fuel.

I've used it for years on various items. Smells like kerosene or some kind of fuel.
Figured someone else has used it here too, has been around for ages and is good stuff! Smell? Yah, has petroleum distillates in it. It can be a bit smelly in enclosed places, but not terrible like some other cleaners. Maybe more like white gas used in campstoves and lanterns? Regardless, it does have a very distinctive petroleum odor to it. Wouldn't use it around an open flame for that reason.

Figured someone else has used it here too, has been around for ages and is good stuff! Smell? Yah, has petroleum distillates in it. It can be a bit smelly in enclosed places, but not terrible like some other cleaners. Maybe more like white gas used in campstoves and lanterns? Regardless, it does have a very distinctive petroleum odor to it. Wouldn't use it around an open flame for that reason.
I've learned too wear gloves, cause getting it off hands 🤬🤬🤬🤬. ! cleaner too get rid of another cleaner?

I've learned too wear gloves, cause getting it off hands 🤬🤬🤬🤬. ! cleaner too get rid of another cleaner?
With Flitz I generally wear gloves. With Never Dull, usually don't, but it can take the oil out of hands if not careful and if using for any length of time, and always wash hands afterwards with either. - getting the old residue and smell off hands can be a pita sometimes. If doing just a bit of cleaning and polishing, I don't bother with gloves, sometimes use a cotton swab or simular, like getting in crevices or on tiny parts. Bigger projects almost always wear gloves.

I restore really old razors, mostly Gillettes. Depending on the level of abuse and neglect, the process can be a long and tedious one. I have learned all kinds of things can be used to remove years of scale, soapscum, rust, varnish, etc.. I have Flitz around and after I get something restored and cleaned I sometimes use it. Depending on the value of the piece it may also get boiled in vinegar and sent out to be replated.

Interesting sidebar. My apparently future son in law was primarily raised by his grandfather. He died a decade or so ago. The kid loved him dearly. My wife is currently remodeling ( i.e. totally gutting and rebuilding) his mother's house which is the house his grandfather built and in which he was raised. When my wife was dealing with all the junk removal she ran across a couple old razors that belonged to the grandpa. A Gillette Slim Tech from the late 20s-early 30s ( no date code) and a flare tipped Super Speed from I believe the 3rd quarter of 1972. Both were in terrible condition. The slim tech is a 3 piece and was disgusting and missing a lot of the plating. It had to be stripped with boiled vinegar and lots of elbow grease. When you strip an old, brass Gillette razor with vinegar it turns a pretty rose gold color. I stripped it and straightened the bent teeth and presented it to my future son in law. It was emotional for him, although I don't think the kid knows what a razor is. :ROFLMAO:

The flare tip Super Speed needed a lot of attention. It's a TTO ( Twist to open) or butterfly razor. Decades of scuzz was built up in the handle/operating mechanism. I tried boiled water to clean it out and free it up ( boiled water will not remove nickel plating) to no avail, so it had to be disassembled and cleaned by hand. I had to tweak some of the small parts back into spec, put it back together, adjusted the doors, few drops of mineral oil in the mechanism and some Flitz and now it looks like it was made last week. I haven't decided if I'm going to give it to the kid or keep it in my collection, although other than the shave I had with it after I restored it, just to insure proper function, I will never use it. It's way too mild for me. I prefer very aggressive razors.

I have a rather large collection of mostly vintage Gillettes with some very expensive, modern razors and straights. I even have a Foam Catcher and an old Rolls Razer. The best shaving razor I have though is a Gillette New type circa 1931. It's a 3 piece open comb and is very aggressive. Paired with a Feather Hi Stainless it does the job quickly and efficiently. It just goes to show that sometimes the best stuff isn't the latest and greatest. Sadly Gillette is owned by P&G these days and can't even manage to make a decent shave soap or aftershave. King Gillette must be rolling over in his grave.

Was raised seeing Brasso used for brass buckles and collar insignia (Dad was Army). Got in the Navy, discovered NevrDull (after Boot Camp), and never went back to Brasso. The deck force guys probably went through tons of of NevrDull having to shine the weather deck lifeline turnbuckles, and all the other brass fixtures aboard ship.

More info:

Have used it before good stuff. Other favorites are Mothers aluminum polish and Cape Cod Cloth.

I restore really old razors, mostly Gillettes. Depending on the level of abuse and neglect, the process can be a long and tedious one. I have learned all kinds of things can be used to remove years of scale, soapscum, rust, varnish, etc.. I have Flitz around and after I get something restored and cleaned I sometimes use it. Depending on the value of the piece it may also get boiled in vinegar and sent out to be replated.

Interesting sidebar. My apparently future son in law was primarily raised by his grandfather. He died a decade or so ago. The kid loved him dearly. My wife is currently remodeling ( i.e. totally gutting and rebuilding) his mother's house which is the house his grandfather built and in which he was raised. When my wife was dealing with all the junk removal she ran across a couple old razors that belonged to the grandpa. A Gillette Slim Tech from the late 20s-early 30s ( no date code) and a flare tipped Super Speed from I believe the 3rd quarter of 1972. Both were in terrible condition. The slim tech is a 3 piece and was disgusting and missing a lot of the plating. It had to be stripped with boiled vinegar and lots of elbow grease. When you strip an old, brass Gillette razor with vinegar it turns a pretty rose gold color. I stripped it and straightened the bent teeth and presented it to my future son in law. It was emotional for him, although I don't think the kid knows what a razor is. :ROFLMAO:

The flare tip Super Speed needed a lot of attention. It's a TTO ( Twist to open) or butterfly razor. Decades of scuzz was built up in the handle/operating mechanism. I tried boiled water to clean it out and free it up ( boiled water will not remove nickel plating) to no avail, so it had to be disassembled and cleaned by hand. I had to tweak some of the small parts back into spec, put it back together, adjusted the doors, few drops of mineral oil in the mechanism and some Flitz and now it looks like it was made last week. I haven't decided if I'm going to give it to the kid or keep it in my collection, although other than the shave I had with it after I restored it, just to insure proper function, I will never use it. It's way too mild for me. I prefer very aggressive razors.

I have a rather large collection of mostly vintage Gillettes with some very expensive, modern razors and straights. I even have a Foam Catcher and an old Rolls Razer. The best shaving razor I have though is a Gillette New type circa 1931. It's a 3 piece open comb and is very aggressive. Paired with a Feather Hi Stainless it does the job quickly and efficiently. It just goes to show that sometimes the best stuff isn't the latest and greatest. Sadly Gillette is owned by P&G these days and can't even manage to make a decent shave soap or aftershave. King Gillette must be rolling over in his grave.
Sounds neat BB,
Is an interesting and likely very involved and intricate hobby, pretty cool!
The rose coloring is part of the triple chromed process. Triple plating doesn't mean 3 layers of chrome like some may think? It's typically different metals adhered to base product under the chrome plate used as a bonding agent for the chrome to bond well and last longer.

Cool hobby

I have an old Gibson es 330 i had it years and two old acoustic and still have an old tube fender champ
My dad used to have a 330. I had a 335. Great guitars. Particularly the old ones. And very valuable usually.

This is my 1961 Fender Brown Deluxe. Keef's favorite amp. Clapton used to record with one too. My dad bought it in the 70s and kiwi'ed it black. I had the caps replaced with period correct NOS by Don Butler in LA a few years ago. I have a Celestion Alnico Cream 90 loaded in it, some 40's NOS Blackplates and a trio of vintage 12AX7s ( 2 Amperex Bugle Boys and a vintage Mullard in v1) in the preamp. I had a guy offer me $2500 for it sight unseen. It's not for sale.

Also pictured is my '74 Gibson SG Special and the original incarnation of my Mossberg 500.

5L9LWwy.jpg

Back