testtest

EDC Coin

Mountain Man

Elite
Founding Member
I bought a bunch of pure copper coins. And added this one to my every day carry. It feels nice to fiddle with a large 1oz coin.

Anyone else here carry one or multiple coins?

Attachments

• 20220114_151928.jpg
    20220114_151928.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
I bought a bunch of pure copper coins. And added this one to my every day carry. It feels nice to fiddle with a large 1oz coin.

Anyone else here carry one or multiple coins?
Interesting… I’d love to have one myself. But I carry as little as possible in my pockets, and never wear guy- necklaces, wrist bands (those paracord things).
Just like to go around functional only, as far as I can :)

Those in military circles carry "challenge coins" similar to this symbolizing unit "esprit de corps" or as tokens of meritorious achievement.
I know fellow vets with literally dozens of these, but I stopped collecting even my own unit or task forces after the first half dozen - coins were coming out all over the place ( including DoD civilian run agencies)… it rapidly got pointless, for myself at least :/

I never knew my moms parents or my father's mother, his father died when I was like 4. Only thing I remember about my grandfather was him telling me when I was very young, as he was dying, to always carry a dollar coin in my pocket. He did it through the depression and said that way it kept his spirits up because he was never broke. Now a dollar went a lot further back then, but I still do it today just to honor s man I never really knew. The new ones take up less space.

20220218_093118.jpg

Many years ago I carried an old Morgan silver dollar, supposedly for 'Good Luck'. Well, at some point I realized it didn't really seem to matter so I took it out of my daily pocket carry stuff and put it safely away for 'Good Luck' :). Then I realized just how much better it felt without that big, heavy, chunk of silver in my pocket everyday ...... and have not carried even a penny in my pockets ever since.

I now keep a large soup mug on my dresser and each night as I'm undressing, I put every change coin I've collected during the day in it and start out the next morning with only my small pen knife, and my little capsule of Nitro tabs in my front pockets, and a tri-fold wallet in the back.

That's all I put in my pocket intentionally to start my day and I'm always amazed at just how much change I accumulate in that soup mug in a short time. (y)(y)(y)

Many years ago I carried an old Morgan silver dollar, supposedly for 'Good Luck'. Well, at some point I realized it didn't really seem to matter so I took it out of my daily pocket carry stuff and put it safely away for 'Good Luck' :). Then I realized just how much better it felt without that big, heavy, chunk of silver in my pocket everyday ...... and have not carried even a penny in my pockets ever since.

I now keep a large soup mug on my dresser and each night as I'm undressing, I put every change coin I've collected during the day in it and start out the next morning with only my small pen knife, and my little capsule of Nitro tabs in my front pockets, and a tri-fold wallet in the back.

That's all I put in my pocket intentionally to start my day and I'm always amazed at just how much change I accumulate in that soup mug in a short time. (y)(y)(y)
I put everything cent in large jar at the end of the day. I buy my wife a present from it at the end of the year, some years I buy myself something also. Been doing that for 40 years, started when I was a starving college kid and was the only way to buy her Xmas present.

I know fellow vets with literally dozens of these, but I stopped collecting even my own unit or task forces after the first half dozen - coins were coming out all over the place ( including DoD civilian run agencies)… it rapidly got pointless, for myself at least :/
Same here. I don't actually know how many challenge coins I have. I gave them all to my Son, because he thought they were cool. I traded in some to the command for days off. Nothing better than a day off.

I have so much in my front pockets already (back pockets are a no due to back issues) 19rd mag, knife, light, wallet, EpiPen, meds.
The first coin is from my “gun cult”, the We Like Shooting podcast members group. The second is a “cyber force” coin from the 628th Com.
D4965425-5205-4903-81B1-A9A9BF9F9E70.jpeg
C0134FA7-55C5-45F6-9174-5078FE5993FA.jpeg
6FDC161C-F624-4178-AD04-40EA82D5D6CC.jpeg

Back