testtest

EDC for wheelchair users

rehjaeger

Alpha
I enjoyed the video on using a Hawaiian shirt for minimizing printing while carrying, but was wondering if there might be interest in educational resources for those of us who must use a wheelchair. It is very challenging to find an arrangement which allows quick and easy access from sitting (except open carry, which though legal in Texas is something I do not wish to do) and also is reasonably discreet. Access and draw techniques are also different, and suggestions or ideas on that would be welcome too.

Here’s the thing:

Pretty much every suggestion you will get is from someone who ISN’T in a wheelchair, and can only guess at the issues you face (and I am one of those folks).

But, if it’s feasible, and going entirely from what I use when I’m going to be driving (eg, sitting) for a lengthy period…would a shoulder holster work?

Cross draw may work for you. There are also Belly Band holsters that you might consider. I would talk to some of the manufacturers and see what they have. Also, if there is a group out there in your situation and they conceal carry, they may have some ideas as well. You can find just about anything online.

Would something like this help? Only thing I can see is getting enough of a gap between the gun and the armrest to get a good enough grip.

Attachments

• The-holster-is-positioned-for-ready-access-by-the-chair-user..jpg
    The-holster-is-positioned-for-ready-access-by-the-chair-user..jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 77
Back