testtest

Edge Pistol 5.56 10.3" - Availability????

dadoser

Elite
Anyone see Saint Edge pistols - STE9103556B - showing up in stores? Or anyone get one in the last 3 months? Are they producing that model right now?

I know the gun market is crazy right now. I have had my local "go-to" gun shop trying to get one of these for me since May. In early July he gave up on his distributor and ordered directly from Springfield. (They have had SA handgun trickling in since.).
I contacted SA in late July and was told that they were quoting 90 days for back orders.

For the last 3 weeks, I'm thinking "any day now" - shot my dealer an email yesterday and he said his SA rep was vague and not giving him any info.

Anyone got any inside info - i.e. is SA focusing on the Edge PDW and not producing the model I'm looking for right now?

I can wait - I'd just like to have some type of realistic timeline or additional info. I'd like to know if i'm going to be waiting until 2021.

Thanks in advance for any perspective/knowledge dropped.

Your dealer is fighting with every other dealer in the country also trying to get the same stock. At the stores I contract for we have to scour distributors lists every day and even then we are lucky to get 1-3 guns from each distributor. Sane with ammo. Unless your dealer is one of the mega top teir dealers everyone else gets the scraps. We had a Desert Eagle 50AE on back order with 4 different distributors for 5 months and one just came in for the customer. A gun like that is so specialized and not sold that often that how can they be out of stock? I guess lots of first time gun owners like big expensive booms.

If you ordered directly from SA after June, I think a good estimate is 4 months after order placed.... at least that’s what happened with my order and one of my buddy’s orders. So if you ordered in July, it will probably trickle in next month.

Check out these guys:
Get 7 inch and you should have enough left over to get a 10 inch barrel.

Picked up today -
Just over 8 months from request to LGS and pick up -
(not complaining - FYI reply - i.e. if it helps others waiting for SA back orders. Patience pays off.)

Now officially back in the SA owners club!

Attachments

• Saint Edge Pistol.jpg
    Saint Edge Pistol.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 164
Picked up today -
Just over 8 months from request to LGS and pick up -
(not complaining - FYI reply - i.e. if it helps others waiting for SA back orders. Patience pays off.)

Now officially back in the SA owners club!
Nice, do you have a plan on optics or customization?

Nice, do you have a plan on optics or customization?

I was looking for a quality, stock AR pistol w/ 10"ish barrel that I would not need to do any upgrades (sink more money into) at a decent price. That led me to want an Edge pistol. Currently I have no plans to customize this weapon.

For sights - initially, when I was looking at the SE, it came with SA flip up sights. My thought was I would just leave those on. Now since it doesn't come with sights, I plan on putting some quality steel flip up sights (any suggestions?) I was looking at the SA sights in their store (out of stock) or magpul - but am still looking. I've got a spare Sig Romeo 5 I may put on it. May look at a different red/green dot. My eyes prefer the green dot and being in the desert - green is easier/faster to find with my brown outdoor backgrounds.

Thanks for asking.

I was looking for a quality, stock AR pistol w/ 10"ish barrel that I would not need to do any upgrades (sink more money into) at a decent price. That led me to want an Edge pistol. Currently I have no plans to customize this weapon.

For sights - initially, when I was looking at the SE, it came with SA flip up sights. My thought was I would just leave those on. Now since it doesn't come with sights, I plan on putting some quality steel flip up sights (any suggestions?) I was looking at the SA sights in their store (out of stock) or magpul - but am still looking. I've got a spare Sig Romeo 5 I may put on it. May look at a different red/green dot. My eyes prefer the green dot and being in the desert - green is easier/faster to find with my brown outdoor backgrounds.

Thanks for asking.

Romeo 5 is my jam brother. I have 4 of them. The color makes less difference on a red dot than it does a lazer. At least to me. Green is definitely better for a lazer sight. You can't see a red lazer in the daylight. Green you can see easily. The downside is green lazers don't like to work if it's under 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Which doesn't matter in the desert.

As for flip ups, if budget isn't too tight Magpul Pros are excellent steel sights ( I have no issues with the polymer ones though) and Troy makes some nice ones. In the $40 range Feyachi makes decent steel ones that I have on one of mine right now and haven't found anything I dislike about.

I love my Holosun 510-GR. I put it on my S.A. Saint Victor .308 pistol. Most places are out of stock with it though. For flip up sights, I went with Magpul MBUS sights.

Attachments

• 20201120_114708.jpg
    20201120_114708.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 161
Romeo 5 is my jam brother. I have 4 of them. The color makes less difference on a red dot than it does a lazer. At least to me. Green is definitely better for a lazer sight. You can't see a red lazer in the daylight. Green you can see easily. The downside is green lazers don't like to work if it's under 30 degrees Fahrenheit. Which doesn't matter in the desert.

As for flip ups, if budget isn't too tight Magpul Pros are excellent steel sights ( I have no issues with the polymer ones though) and Troy makes some nice ones. In the $40 range Feyachi makes decent steel ones that I have on one of mine right now and haven't found anything I dislike about.

A month ago a group of us were shooting at an outdoor range north of Phoenix. Bright sunshine. Instructor/friend was running us thru some moving and shooting drills. I was shooting my Ruger 556 pistol with the Romeo 5 red dot and my Angstadt Arms UDP-9 with a Holosun green dot. For me - the green dot was better for my 55 yr old eyes. Never shot anything with a laser.

I've got the Magpul MBUS polymer sights on the Ruger 556 and an AR carbine. Def like them.

For the Edge pistol, my plan was to try to keep it higher quality steel. I've budgeted (around $200) for quality steel backups on it. Magpul pros are def. high on the list. Looked at Troy as well. Its crazy to google and read articles on "best sights for AR" and see the results and the price ranges. I've been looking leisurely off and on at sights online and in local shops. Now that I've got the Edge - time to look more seriously. A lot might depend on availability when I'm just ready to buy.

Last edited:
A month ago a group of us were shooting at an outdoor range north of Phoenix. Bright sunshine. Instructor/friend was running us thru some moving and shooting drills. I was shooting my Ruger 556 pistol with the Romeo 5 red dot and my Angstadt Arms UDP-9 with a Holosun green dot. For me - the green dot was better for my 55 yr old eyes. Never shot anything with a laser.

I've got the Magpul MBUS polymer sights on the Ruger 556 and an AR carbine. Def like them.

For the Edge pistol, my plan was to try to keep it higher quality steel. I've budgeted for quality steel backups on it. Magpul pros are def. high on the list. Looked at Troy as well. Its crazy to google and read articles on "best sights for AR" and see the results and the price ranges. I've been looking leisurely off and on at sights online and in local shops. Now that I've got the Edge - time to look more seriously. A lot might depend on availability when I'm just ready to buy.

BoBro BUIS

For the Edge pistol, my plan was to try to keep it higher quality steel. I've budgeted (around $200) for quality steel backups on it. Magpul pros are def. high on the list. Looked at Troy as well. Its crazy to google and read articles on "best sights for AR" and see the results and the price ranges. I've been looking leisurely off and on at sights online and in local shops. Now that I've got the Edge - time to look more seriously. A lot might depend on availability when I'm just ready to buy.

Oh god yeah. It's mind boggling. I have those steel Feyachi flips on my AR, but they are far from high end. That said they function well and hold zero. I have 2 pairs of the polymer Magpuls, both on shotguns and I like them.

I have a Romeo 5 on that AR too. Why I like the Romeo is the MOTAC ( Shake Awake) feature and the fact that I ( and others) have put one or two through hell and back and they just keep right on keeping on. I know there are alternatives to the shake awake thing. A lot of optics claim an extremely long battery life and I think people just leave them always turned on. No doubt there are better, higher end red dots out there and I'm not opposed to spending the money, but after running a Romeo 5 on a KSG25 for now over 1500 heavy 12 gauge loads and having dropped one a few times and having the thing keep going I just didn't see a reason to. People diss the Romeo 5 because it's Chinese, but so are the Holosuns and in fact the Romeo 5 is made in the same factory along side of some of the Holosuns. As far as a green reticle, I think the Romeo 5 is available with green, but I'm not sure. I suppose if I was going to switch to a different high end red dot it would be that Eotech. What I am going to do though and very soon is get the Viridian HS-1 which is a hand stop with a built in green laser which is a good solution for close range, SD stuff and then either get a magnifier for the Romeo or take it off and put a nice LPVO on there for longer range instead.

As for flip ups, if budget isn't too tight Magpul Pros are excellent steel sights ( I have no issues with the polymer ones though) and Troy makes some nice ones. In the $40 range Feyachi makes decent steel ones that I have on one of mine right now and haven't found anything I dislike about. Do they absolute co-witness with the Romeo 5?

I'm looking at some Feyachi on amazon that are $25 right now. Are these what you are running? do they absolute co-witness with the romeo 5? I'm thinking about giving them a shot for that price - https://www.amazon.com/Feyachi-Comp...07NQ5VV7D/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Last edited:
Back