testtest

Even a bad day at the range...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the range today. Sun was out and the place was packed with all types of folks enjoying the mild weather. A good time was had by all I'm sure. I really enjoyed seeing parents out with they're kids.

For me, I worked on trigger manipulation by practicing a smooth consistent trigger pull.

The only way I could have a bad day at the range is if there was an accident.

Short of that I like most have not so great days an great days. Fun to get together with some buds. The owner, manager, RO's and members are wonderful to BS with. Fun to wander the sales floor and check out what's new.

Lanes are first come first served. There is no time limit even for renting non members. Often with a family member with me may bring six handguns and 1k or more of ammo. Be there several hours. Take empty brass home.

I like to go each weekday morning. When I don't go that is kind of a bummer day for me.

Even a humbling day is a great day.....

On line.png

4-hour "Advanced Applications Clinic" taught by Andrew Blubaugh of Apex Shooting and Tactics in Northeast-Ohio (https://www.facebook.com/ApexShootingTactics/).

Throttle Drill 1.png

These picture were from the beginning of class, vetting performance on paper. We went the rest of the day on steel, including reactive MGM Stars. I went through nearly 600 rounds in that time, bringing my 4.5-inch XDm9 close to the 55,000-rounds live-fired mark.

Aside from two frequent fliers - myself (the fat Chinese guy in the green sweater with the Domo on his earpro) and my friend Bryan (black shirt, Khaki pants in the foreground) - there were two experienced and excellent shooters (Steve: blue sweatshirt, green hat; and Cory, red hoodie) as well as a newer shooter (Don, far left, blue hoodie) who improved drastically through the course of the 3 hours we shot.

Each of them humbled me today, and I am grateful for it.

It makes me want to do better. :)

For me, the before-hand preps of checking the range bag for gear and ammo, and then loading it into the truck, then driving 13 miles on 2-lane asphalt county roads to the range, are all part of the "process". It's a methodical thing (probably borders on OCD), just like when I prep my kayak and fishing gear the night before and stage it in the garage ready for loading the next morning. Once at the range it's setting-up a target, getting gear out of the bags, loading the magazines (if not already done), then working on whatever I think might need working on (sight picture, trigger control, etc). As I mentioned, it's the entire process that contributes to the "relaxing" part of the actual range time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back