testtest

Expensive ammo

Went in today to a bass pro in ROCKLIN California wow the 9mm was expensive 49.00 for a box of 50 come on that’s crazy. I saw it not long ago for the same price but for 100 . Some body is gouging bad I won’t pay that .
Bass pro in my area was selling Winchester white box for $20 50 rounds and Herters for $17.00

Were the rounds you seen JHP rounds?

These are currently available to order.

I can find boxes of 50 rounds of 9mm for $22 here. If I hit the range around 9am for the "early bird" hour, I can shoot for 30 minutes and buy a box of ammo for right about $25. But yes, some places are gouging here as well, so I just avoid them. I found some Barnes self-defense ammo (20 rounds) for about $20 at Sportsman's Warehouse as well.

From shopping experience can be different worlds, locally is a lot less expensive than online shopping anymore, but local availability of some lesser used calibers is lacking for now here and there. Local is getting better in short spurts.

Shopping online also usually includes S&H to eventual price tag too, so cost per round may not be what some may think? So, at some places S&H may stunt some advantages of online shopping? - S&H can be outrageous to non existent. It pays to shop around and check out details before purchase. Never forget on ammo, many places and requirements from place to place are and can be different.

Norma has 9mm 115 FMJ on sale this week, $18.95 for 50.
223 55 FMJ is $15.49 for 30, $77.49 for 150 (52 cents per round)
Shipping and insurance is free on $150 or more.

223 REM – 55 GR – FMJ – NORMA TACTICAL – QTY 30
.223 REM – 55 GR – FMJ – NORMA TACTICAL – QTY 150

9MM LUGER – 115GR – FMJ – NORMA RANGE & TRAINING – QTY 50

I always liked Norma brass for reloading rifle ammo, and this seemed like a fair price with free shipping.
What I ordered shipped the second day (the order did as "on hold" until it shipped)

From shopping experience can be different worlds, locally is a lot less expensive than online shopping anymore, but local availability of some lesser used calibers is lacking for now here and there. Local is getting better in short spurts.

Shopping online also usually includes S&H to eventual price tag too, so cost per round may not be what some may think? So, at some places S&H may stunt some advantages of online shopping? - S&H can be outrageous to non existent. It pays to shop around and check out details before purchase. Never forget on ammo, many places and requirements from place to place are and can be different.
Of note, when I bought Ammo on line the shipping cost was the same for 50 rounds to 1000 rounds. There were a few online places not gouging as much as the others if you shopped around.

At the beginning of the year I had signed up for probably 20 or more email notifications from online stores, when .45 ACP would come in stock. There wasn't much activity until about two months ago, I got 2 or 3 emails announcing that CCI Blazer was in stock. One dealer had 1.15 million rounds in stock of several calibers, on pallets. Gone in less than a week. Short time laterthe notification emails stopped and it's been somewhat quiet. The past 24 hours I have gotten several emails about white box Winchester being in stock from online dealers around the country. It's about 45 but I'm sure that's not the only caliber Winchester has been cranking out... in fact, if that much 45 is available then there's probably a ton more of 9mm. Methinks this is the chance to strike if you're short. Or even if you're over 6 foot (sorry, couldn't resist). Given the current state of mental health at 1600 Penn Ave, I don't think we should hesitate.

Back