testtest

extended Lee tool

Old_Me

Ronin
i was looking for a tool on Etsy.com for my Dillon (that is coming soon) and i also found something for the Lee press as well

Lee tool 1 smaller 2.jpg

How common is it for you guys to go look for 3rd party tools like this?

Asking out of curiosity as we do make 3D printed firearm accessories (grips, thumbstops, accu-wedges, loaders, ARD, RDS adapters, ...) and would have no problem making these types for the good folks out here if there was an interest.

We can absolutely make entirely custom tools or things that don't exist but should... Not trying to sell anything, it's not about money all the time, just mentioning that if anyone needs something, just talk to us and we'll see what we can do :) We make custom pieces for friends or ranges all the time and they're not always commercialized... It's 3D printed out of plastic, NO metal or CNC, but more than often it's sufficient if engineered well.

For instance, we made some decent thumbstops for the Hellion, and 9mm loaders and RDS replacement plates for M&P (S&W ships some with their CORE that don't always match and sometimes break). That's the beauty of 3D printing, imagination is the limit, as long as physics are respected of course.

7d28d29a4abcdbaa9a5b5b6076921e30.jpg

hell.png

Again, not a solicitation, just mentioning that we'd be more than happy to make one-off things like this every now and then. It never hurts to ask, the worst that can happen is to hear "no",

And we're always looking for testers for some of our products. Again nothing asked in return but objective feedback, by the looks of it this forum has enough experienced and blunt people to be providing great meaningful feedback... Sugar coating is only good on funnel cake :D

sometimes, i know i need or want a tool or accessory that the gun maker or reloading press maker, just doesn't........well, make.

the Lee die tool that comes with any Lee press is just way too short, for me to get a good grip on with my old hands.

magazine loaders are not always available for some guns that i have, one example is my Rock Island Armory 22 mag.

i had found one made from some Vet, and it works well...maglula does not make one for that particular gun.

so i have found that Etsy.com, has access to many companies that 3D print up some tools, or manufacture tools/accessories, that are just not found anyplace else..some may be "start up" companies, some may have been in business a long time, but are better known in their area, than across the country.

I have an old remington fieldmaster 121 (sears) that I'd love to get a peep site for but they're few, far between, and fairly expensive. Could you make something like that?

Specifically the Lyman R12 Tang sight. Have no Idea where to find specs for it. It's just for an old .22 plinker so no diving down any rabbit holes like me ;) ~OKPP

9858531_1m.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see why not, as long as we can get some dimensions somewhere... If you're OK with plastic (better than nothing, right?), we probably can come up with something decent, although due to the nature of the process, it probably won't be high precision, but this . Finding the specs/drawings is half of the fun, rabbit holes welcome :LOL: I'll look around, is it the whole assembly?

I don't see why not, as long as we can get some dimensions somewhere... If you're OK with plastic (better than nothing, right?), we probably can come up with something decent, although due to the nature of the process, it probably won't be high precision, but this . Finding the specs/drawings is half of the fun, rabbit holes welcome :LOL: I'll look around, is it the whole assembly?
yep the whole thing. and yep better than nothing lol.

With the shotgun style racking, I run that little .22 ridiculously hard, for what it is. And it wants to look cooler than the other kids😅 thx!!

sometimes, i know i need or want a tool or accessory that the gun maker or reloading press maker, just doesn't........well, make.

the Lee die tool that comes with any Lee press is just way too short, for me to get a good grip on with my old hands.

magazine loaders are not always available for some guns that i have, one example is my Rock Island Armory 22 mag.

i had found one made from some Vet, and it works well...maglula does not make one for that particular gun.

so i have found that Etsy.com, has access to many companies that 3D print up some tools, or manufacture tools/accessories, that are just not found anyplace else..some may be "start up" companies, some may have been in business a long time, but are better known in their area, than across the country.
Gotcha! This is a perfect example of 3D printing coming to the rescue. If you send me a drawing or sketch with enough dimensions, a day or so later something useful can come out of the printer.

Mag loaders are our thing, we wanted to do things differently than Magpula and others so people still use the same motion as manual loading, makes far more sense to me... The initial one for my wife who had a hard time loading the 9-round M&P, but we distributed quite a few to local ranges for rentals and classes and a couple of PD around... We can certainly make custom size ones (I'm fixing to update our design for the Prodigy).

Fire data away, we will look into it and come up with useful stuff!

OK, how about glow in the dark, pimp enough? We have some of our glow in the dark loaders out in the field in a PD somewhere in FL for "tactical reload in the dark" (makes no sense to me but they're having fun!). I'm thinking this sight glowing in the dark would be fun :D

PXL_20220210_141108290.png

PXL_20220215_010149114.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back