testtest

First Look! New Springfield Ronin

Some say a “70” version 1911 shoots better than an ”80” series 1911 with the extra firing pin safety pieces. But no idea which the full size 5” 45 acp. RONIN is??

Thanks all!!!
It would be considered same-same Colt Series 70 inasmuch as it has no firing pin block. Note, though, that the real Series 70 both lacked a firing pin block and also had a collet barrel bushing. What we now call a "Series 70" would more correctly be called a "Pre-Series"

THANK YOU ALL!! Pretty chincy for Springfield leaving out the PLASTIC mainspring wrench, (I honestly thought it was just missing), and EVERY Kimber owner I know, thinks Kimber is SO cheap by supplying only ONE mag like Springfield (except their poly guns) but Kimber does include a plastic mainspring wrench, as does: Dan Wesson, Kimber, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Remington, and Colt. And I’m sure others. Maybe: Taurus, Rock Hill?? I‘m not 100% sure about them. But I’d say the RONIN‘s closest matches would be, price wise: Kimber and Ruger, maybe Colt, and Remington 1911’s as well. And Kimber, and Colt(?) gives you a plastic lockable box. Would like that!!
I’m also wondering how much it might cost to get the front strap checkered by a local gunsmith? or, send to Springfield to have them do it?? Springfield doing it cheaper or more expensive option?? IDK. Thanks all, as always!! 😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃 And THANK YOU ALL for the POSITIVE feedback!!! SO KIND of ALL OF YOU!!!!😀😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
So in all honesty I had to look up what was a main spring wrench and I’m going to say I think your being a little harsh on Springfield for not including a tool that is used for dismantling a part of a gun that doesn’t need to be taken apart for normal cleaning.
i seriously believe he means the barrel bushing wrench...thinking that the recoil spring, is (to him) the main spring.

1640690395315.png

not every 1911 i bought came with one..they are cheap to buy IF you do not already have at least one.

Well that’s not what he said and I can take my 1911 RO apart without one. 🤦‍♂️
oh i know what he said, and i had responded early the other day to him.

i can take apart "some" of my 1911's without that barrel bushing tool, but on some others, they are still tight. i usually put a drop of oil in the bushing's slot inside the frame, and in time, they loosen up, at least they all have done so, so far..

but yes, i did read his postings, i think he's just "thinking" the recoil spring as the main spring.

and as for removing the actual Main Spring Housing", i had seen a neat "trick" to do that, and that is easy peasy, even to remove the actual main spring from the housing....

he's just "confused at to what he is saying"

maybe he should supply a couple of pictures for us to actually see what he is talking about..???

i asked that earlier, he never supplied anything, so this is on him now to elaborate further, as to what da hell he's griping about.

oh i know what he said, and i had responded early the other day to him.

i can take apart "some" of my 1911's without that barrel bushing tool, but on some others, they are still tight. i usually put a drop of oil in the bushing's slot inside the frame, and in time, they loosen up, at least they all have done so, so far..

but yes, i did read his postings, i think he's just "thinking" the recoil spring as the main spring.

and as for removing the actual Main Spring Housing", i had seen a neat "trick" to do that, and that is easy peasy, even to remove the actual main spring from the housing....

he's just "confused at to what he is saying"

maybe he should supply a couple of pictures for us to actually see what he is talking about..???

i asked that earlier, he never supplied anything, so this is on him now to elaborate further, as to what da hell he's griping about.
KIA’s don’t come with spare tires and guns won’t come with every tool to do maintenance or custom work.
A stretch on expectations.

Hey gang, I got clearance to release this on the forum before the 12:01am embargo. The new gun is the Springfield Armory Ronin, and it’s a nice looking 1911 if you ask me. It’s going to be priced at an MSRP of $850, and it (like all Springfield 1911s) has a forged frame and slide along with a hammer-forged barrel. That means you get a gun that will stand up to a ton of shooting, and all at a really good price.

The gun currently is a 5" model offered in .45 ACP (8+1) and 9mm (9+1). It’s a two-tone with a stainless steel forged frame and a blued carbon steel forged slide. The flats are polished, with the rest getting a nice matte finish.

It has all the modern features you expect on a 1911 (like a beavertail grip safety with “memory bump”, a fiber optic front/tactical rack white dot rear sight system, an extended safety lever, forward cocking serrations on the slide, etc.) and laminate wood grips. Also, the magazine has a nice basepad extension.

See the pics below and let everybody know what you think!
I'm new here and just got my Ronin 10mm. It took me over two years, to find one and I'm very happy with the pistol. It's well built and surpasses the Kimber Custom II in 10mm in fit, finish and feel.

That's all for now.

I'm new here and just got my Ronin 10mm. It took me over two years, to find one and I'm very happy with the pistol. It's well built and surpasses the Kimber Custom II in 10mm in fit, finish and feel.

That's all for now.
Before I bought my first Springfield, I asked at my LGS and was given some very good advice. Was told that if I wanted "pretty" buy a Kimber -- if I needed it to save my life buy a Springfield. The rest is history.

I was introduced to a SA Ronin EMP in 9mm with a 3" barrel. After putting a couple hundred rounds through it, very nice fit and finish, handles well and feels like it belongs in my hand. My accuracy has inprooved due to trigger and recoil compared to the unit it replaced. Runs well after a through clean and slight lube to resolve "ftf" and light hit issues. I "need" my own. I'm on a list at a local gun store since spring. Getting impatient and hope it comes in soon!

Back