testtest

Florida Steps Up

IDK but if I am fearful for my life, that is enough.(stand your ground state) Part of the training for a ccw where I live says do not shoot to warn and do not shoot to wing (or admit it anyway) because those are both signs that you were not fearful for your life enough. That tells me that just cause comes down to being fearful for your life OR someone elses. Which is hard to argue when you are the only one alive to tell the story.
That said GOOD FOR FLORIDA, somebody is thinking and telling these people to watch what they do and how they act, instead of just letting them do whatever they want like in Minneapolis where now the city council does not even want the police to use non lethal things against riots and looters.

Last edited:
Florida keeps this up and I might just move there. I know several people there and many have wanted out for years, they say "would the last one out of Florida please grab the flag". It is good that Florida is turning things around.

An interesting article on Pro 2A in Florida

What a fresh breeze of sensibility this is ! Hope she spreads like wildfire. Portland OR. ( 1+ years continually rioting) could use a helping.

What a fresh breeze of sensibility this is ! Hope she spreads like wildfire. Portland OR. ( 1+ years continually rioting) could use a helping.
Well.

AND

The people running things must be talking to the people in Minneapolis.

Once again the media has spun this into something it is not. There is nothing in the bill that says it is OK to shoot people. It does give civil liability immunity to a driver who unintentionally hits someone blocking the street during a riot. Florida statutes Chapter 776 covers justifiable use of force. 776 was not changed in this bill. What it does is make specific acts crimes, and elevate the severity of certain crimes committed during periods of unrest. By elevating certain acts of violence to felonies, they may be brought into the range of what are defined as forcible felonies. 776.08 enumerates violent felonies, but ends with "any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual". 776 permits the use of deadly force to stop the imminent commission of forcible felonies such as burglary, robbery, home invasion, carjacking, kidnapping, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, etc. Perhaps the most useful part of the statute is keeping rioters in jail until first appearance, which would take some outside instigators off the board. Here is the bill if you are interested in reading it. Damn an arsonist media.

(missed the 30 minute edit window 😠)

Was going to add, KY needs a Governor like DeSantis.
Oregon too. It's increasingly becoming like California. There are two bills that are pretty much going to pass due to Democratic majority. And 6 of our Republican reps aren't fighting against them.

SB 554 will make anyone a class c fellon for conceal or open carry in or adjacent to public building's.

HB2510 requires firearms to be locked up with a trigger or cable lock. The Oregon Health Authority will determine what type of trigger lock is acceptable. If your firearm is stolen and used in a crime. You also will be charge for the crime. Transportation of firearms requires a locked container. Ammo has be in a separately locked container as well.

Back