testtest

For the love of AK’s

Ginge

Elite
Perhaps one of the most prolific small arms the world has ever seen. One of my personal favorite weapons. Heres mine.
Top is an SGL31-62 in plum
Middle is a Vepr 5.45
Bottom is a Saiga 223 that I converted to an AK 101
2E0F6C24-DAF9-45DD-9ED3-39F4FC4C6F27.jpeg

Arsenal SAM7SF84 with Bulgarian furniture and FH in the form of a Bulgarian AR-M9F clone
494F808A-E217-4B0E-AD47-7EE131D2DFD8.jpeg

Nice! I have a bit of a weakness for AK-74-pattern AKs as well! Very nice collection. I really want one of the Arsenal RPK-74s, but I'd have to sell my car to buy it!

Good looking weapons Ginge. I have debated buying an AK, but have never pulled the trigger (haha).

Last edited:
Nice! I have a bit of a weakness for AK-74-pattern AKs as well! Very nice collection. I really want one of the Arsenal RPK-74s, but I'd have to sell my car to buy it!
Thanks. Ive had a weakness for these since my high school days. Especially the 74/100 series. They tug at my heart strings for sure! The Arsenal rifles are expensive, especially the RPK pattered guns. They are nice though and hold their value very well.

Good looking weapons Gringe. I have debated buying an AK, but have never pulled the trigger (haha).
Thanks! Id recommend at least one. Im a fan of the molt Vepr rifles and the Izhmash Saigas. The bad thing is the sanctions against Russia have mostly killed them off.

Heres my Molot Vepr 12. It was one of the first batches brought in from Atlantic Firearms years back. This thing will eat anything you can feed it.
1C45CDB7-B41C-473A-B03C-CF58F6774DFF.jpeg

More for the Sniper in me, I fitted both rifles with rails, scopes, bi-pods and vertical grips. I've bought furniture to convert the Romanian WASR back to wood w/ Iron sights. The Micro Drago is extremely fun to shoot. I use the 10 round mags (easier when shooting from a bench), but have plenty of 30 rounders for the Drago and if i'm holding the rifles.

IMG_1204.jpg
IMG_1205.jpg

More for the Sniper in me, I fitted both rifles with rails, scopes, bi-pods and vertical grips. I've bought furniture to convert the Romanian WASR back to wood w/ Iron sights. The Micro Drago is extremely fun to shoot. I use the 10 round mags (easier when shooting from a bench), but have plenty of 30 rounders for the Drago and if i'm holding the rifles.

View attachment 443View attachment 444
Nice! I have yet to pick up a Draco. I want one. They are fun. If I get one, Ill be putting a brace on it. Have you ran any of the Russian optics designed for these rifles?

Nice! I have yet to pick up a Draco. I want one. They are fun. If I get one, Ill be putting a brace on it. Have you ran any of the Russian optics designed for these rifles?
No Ginge, just a cheap Reddot I threw on after I installed the dust cover rail. The bi-pods are barrel clamp ons. I tried puting a bi-pod on the quad rail on the WASR without much success (kept loosening and falling off. probably because it was so far back & w/ the recoil)

No Ginge, just a cheap Reddot I threw on after I installed the dust cover rail. The bi-pods are barrel clamp ons. I tried puting a bi-pod on the quad rail on the WASR without much success (kept loosening and falling off. probably because it was so far back & w/ the recoil)
If you ever find yourself wanting to try some out, Kalinka is a great place to start. They carry all of the current Russian optics being fielded behind the iron curtain. They are usually cheaper in pricd than their American counterparts, and built every bit as robust.

If by chance you find yourself wanting to learn more about them, theres a gentleman I wrote back n forth with years ago on the saiga forum. His handle is zen, and his website is https://russianoptics.net/default.html

He covers a large percentage of the Russian optics available to us, and many rare ones, in great detail. Its rather interesting as its gives a small glimpse of how the Russians perceive combat.

If you ever find yourself wanting to try some out, Kalinka is a great place to start. They carry all of the current Russian optics being fielded behind the iron curtain. They are usually cheaper in pricd than their American counterparts, and built every bit as robust.

If by chance you find yourself wanting to learn more about them, theres a gentleman I wrote back n forth with years ago on the saiga forum. His handle is zen, and his website is https://russianoptics.net/default.html

He covers a large percentage of the Russian optics available to us, and many rare ones, in great detail. Its rather interesting as its gives a small glimpse of how the Russians perceive combat.
Thanks Ginge, that's good info.

Back