testtest

Forum members please complete the poll

Who has "carry insurance"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i want to get CCW insurance, but i have to wait, till my CCW application is approved.

i could not see any rhyme nor reason to buy it now. but yet, i get spammed like crazy from USCCA.
I think these guys are their own worst enemy. Spamming your email with endless stories about “ regular people” who would have been screwed if they didn’t have carry insurance. It’s pure marketing.

Not that I think it’s a bad idea to have carry insurance, but frankly I already have a lawyer on retainer and I live in an extremely gun friendly state.

I think these guys are their own worst enemy. Spamming your email with endless stories about “ regular people” who would have been screwed if they didn’t have carry insurance. It’s pure marketing.

Not that I think it’s a bad idea to have carry insurance, but frankly I already have a lawyer on retainer and I live in an extremely gun friendly state.
My words almost exactly, agree.

Pass. Especially considering I live in Missouri and I am not stupid enough to use a firearm irresponsibly.
Its not the fact you will use it "stupidly". It's the fact when you do use it, you WILL be charged. We are currently in the situation with my son who used his gun to defend himself, when he was attacked at home in his driveway, 25k and counting we are fighting the charge.
I should note, he didn't and we do not have insurance. I most likley won't.
I do have to add, that we found a great local attorney. Some that we talked with on one of those "insurance sites" seam to only care about the money, not the actual case. (My opinion).

Some of us travel and that can make a big difference. I live in Illinois and attitudes can change from county to county. The very best example I can highlight is the farmer from Galva, Illinois. His farm was on the border of two counties (Henry and Knox) The first responders were Henry County Sheriff's Deputies and they saw no reason to detain or arrest the farmer and he was transported to a Henry County hospital. While still at the hospital Knox County Deputies showed up when it was discovered the shooting actually occurred in Knox County. At the direction of the Assistant State's Attorney of Knox County, he was arrested and charged with First Degree Murder.

He had to mortgage his farm to raise bail which took several weeks and ended up spending over 100K on attorneys in order to end up with a not guilty verdict almost a year later. One county would never had charged him and the other took a year of his life and considerable money because of the attitude of one man.

If I need to shoot in my home county I don't expect to be arrested. If I shoot someone in downtown Chicago I will go to jail until I put the bail in someone's hand and will spend a whole lot of money on competent and connected attorneys.

I have coverage. https://ccwsafe.com/page/hr218

Its not the fact you will use it "stupidly". It's the fact when you do use it, you WILL be charged. We are currently in the situation with my son who used his gun to defend himself, when he was attacked at home in his driveway, 25k and counting we are fighting the charge.
I should note, he didn't and we do not have insurance. I most likley won't.
I do have to add, that we found a great local attorney. Some that we talked with on one of those "insurance sites" seam to only care about the money, not the actual case. (My opinion).
Well, we have had many, MANY SD shootings in Missouri. Can you point me to a single example of someone in Missouri being charged after a justified shooting?

I understand that we are not talking strictly Missouri here so I understand completely where everyone else is coming from. I only speak to my own situation. I have actually had the conversation with my lawyer about these insurance companies. He's a former prosecutor.

Some of us travel and that can make a big difference. I live in Illinois and attitudes can change from county to county. The very best example I can highlight is the farmer from Galva, Illinois. His farm was on the border of two counties (Henry and Knox) The first responders were Henry County Sheriff's Deputies and they saw no reason to detain or arrest the farmer and he was transported to a Henry County hospital. While still at the hospital Knox County Deputies showed up when it was discovered the shooting actually occurred in Knox County. At the direction of the Assistant State's Attorney of Knox County, he was arrested and charged with First Degree Murder.

He had to mortgage his farm to raise bail which took several weeks and ended up spending over 100K on attorneys in order to end up with a not guilty verdict almost a year later. One county would never had charged him and the other took a year of his life and considerable money because of the attitude of one man.

If I need to shoot in my home county I don't expect to be arrested. If I shoot someone in downtown Chicago I will go to jail until I put the bail in someone's hand and will spend a whole lot of money on competent and connected attorneys.

I have coverage. https://ccwsafe.com/page/hr218

I live within 1/2 hour of Illinois. I never go there unless I have to. Don't mean to diss your state brother, but eff Illinois.

Back