testtest

Forum tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ TEXASforLIFE
Probably
not, giving lots of guns away would not be profitable. But never the less one here and there would be pretty sweet. XDM Elite, PDW, Evac, Hellcat, or any 1911. But wouldn't matter, I don't ever win anything....lol 😃

@ TEXASforLIFE
Probably
not, giving lots of guns away would not be profitable. But never the less one here and there would be pretty sweet. XDM Elite, PDW, Evac, Hellcat, or any 1911. But wouldn't matter, I don't ever win anything....lol 😃
I’m still trying to win those Classic Firearms giveaways. The current one is a Sig Copperhead, and I’m pretty sure I won’t win that one either. 😒

If that was implemented, I would restrict it to firearms only. Wouldn't want this turning into Craigslist.
Being new to firearms blogs & forums, I’ll ask: is it common for forums run by a firearms manufacturer to have a “buy & sell” thread or category? If I had such a company/forum, I’d be leery of such a thread strictly from a legal perspective. Such as negative PR if a firearm sold was later used in a crime, etc. SA sell firearms to distributors who in turn sell to FFL’s as I understand it. By allowing a “buy & sell” thread, it’s unknown individuals to SA that would be doing these transaction. States are already pushing back on federal laws that firearm makers can’t be sued for crimes committed by someone that bought a firearm from an FFL legally. I could just see the anti gunners going after a company that allowed such to happen by individuals on their forum blog. I thought it was written when I joined that there would be no such option. Perhaps I’m wrong. It’s not that I’m against it, just cautious is all. Perhaps someone can educate me with valid reasons this would be safe & that I’m worried over nothing of consequence.

Being new to firearms blogs & forums, I’ll ask: is it common for forums run by a firearms manufacturer to have a “buy & sell” thread or category? If I had such a company/forum, I’d be leery of such a thread strictly from a legal perspective. Such as negative PR if a firearm sold was later used in a crime, etc. SA sell firearms to distributors who in turn sell to FFL’s as I understand it. By allowing a “buy & sell” thread, it’s unknown individuals to SA that would be doing these transaction. States are already pushing back on federal laws that firearm makers can’t be sued for crimes committed by someone that bought a firearm from an FFL legally. I could just see the anti gunners going after a company that allowed such to happen by individuals on their forum blog. I thought it was written when I joined that there would be no such option. Perhaps I’m wrong. It’s not that I’m against it, just cautious is all. Perhaps someone can educate me with valid reasons this would be safe & that I’m worried over nothing of consequence.
Most do not.
You can usually go to
Armslist.com for buying and selling. I was just saying if they did do it restrict it to firearms so we don't end up getting away from what this forum is about.

Most do not.
You can usually go to
Armslist.com for buying and selling. I was just saying if they did do it restrict it to firearms so we don't end up getting away from what this forum is about.
I didn’t mean to call you of your reply out RandoHero, I just used your post since it was last that began with Bio-Hazards suggestion, and I tried to ensure it stayed on the same subject without any other non related topic getting in between our two posts. As long as SA doesn’t have a problem with implementing something like this, I’d be ok with it. I was just asking if this was common under such a forum as this and all.

Ok, here I go! As the saying goes, "If it's good for the goose then it's good for the gander!" Let's try it out! What if we as a forum promote their products and have a buyer's code attached to the sale or sent in during registration for us as a forum get points. Whether it being a complete firearm or a component. As points accumulate there could be a raffle for members that reach a certain goal, either bi, semi or annually! As we as a forum are salesmen get perks for our deeds. If any would have suggestions on how too establish a guide put it in this thread and then later vote on rules of opperation that govern. If we as a forum make profits for SA then it's fair that "We" are rewarded! Any takers, if so give me a like!

I didn’t mean to call you of your reply out RandoHero, I just used your post since it was last that began with Bio-Hazards suggestion, and I tried to ensure it stayed on the same subject without any other non related topic getting in between our two posts. As long as SA doesn’t have a problem with implementing something like this, I’d be ok with it. I was just asking if this was common under such a forum as this and all.
I actually didn't think anything of it...lol. I too was just merely saying "if" it was implemented I would want it restricted to just firearms. I would not want to get on here and have people selling washers and dryers....LOL.
And you are correct, I don't know of any that do allow the sell of firearms. Because just as you said there could be legal ramifications per say. And why introduce that can of worms. Totally agree with you BET7.

Isn't the other sites that have been selling firearms new and used like Gun Broker & Armslist enough? How many firearm ebay type sites do we need? I'm pretty sure the forum was created for community based discussion not personal commerce. I personally don't feel the need to be able to buy & sell on here, I think it will just muddy the waters and become a complaint dept because someone isn't happy with something associated with something they bought from another member which in turn can create animosity amongst the forum members and taint the forum community.

These are just my thoughts and by no means have any intention to argue or directly disagree with anyone else contributing to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back