testtest

Fun Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Man

Elite
Founding Member
Lately I finally gotten my 3d Printer working again and started some new projects. These pics show the forearm for the Doom Slayer's armor. I'm excited to be able print stuff again.

What exciting or fun projects do you have going on?

Attachments

• 20200216_091827.jpg
    20200216_091827.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 20200217_150000.jpg
    20200217_150000.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 166
If you are taking any suggestions. I think most of us would be curious to see how one of these comes together.

Now there's a touchy subject in the 3d Printing community. I do plan on getting some Tungsten Carbide nozzles to print metal based filaments. And some of his points for using ABS is debatable. It's strong. But PLA and PETG filament will handle vibrations and absorb shock more efficiently.
I too am curious how something like this will turn out. I'll hold onto this and get to it sometime.

What kind of tweaks? New parts? Gas tube adjustment?

I came up with my own idea on a 45 deg. fixed sight set-up for close-range shooting vs. all the others I've seen out there.

My BFAR will be my new multi-gun AR but I still believe in a tactical approach to builds vs all the fancy-dancy tricked out ones you see. I like to keep things simple and functional.

Now there's a touchy subject in the 3d Printing community. I do plan on getting some Tungsten Carbide nozzles to print metal based filaments. And some of his points for using ABS is debatable. It's strong. But PLA and PETG filament will handle vibrations and absorb shock more efficiently.
I too am curious how something like this will turn out. I'll hold onto this and get to it sometime.
What about PC? I have seen some PC that is robust, PC with carbon is good but too rigid and breaks under pressure.

Check this out:
High Temperature Thermoplastic Additive
Manufacturing Using Low-Cost, Open-
Source Hardware

What kind of printer would you recomend and what resources are there? Im sure one would need to have some CAD background as well.

Lately I finally gotten my 3d Printer working again and started some new projects. These pics show the forearm for the Doom Slayer's armor. I'm excited to be able print stuff again.

What exciting or fun projects do you have going on?
What file formats will your 3D accept?? Curious..... When I set up a CAD lab at the college AutoCAD donated 12 full packages for FREE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back