testtest

G2 RESEARCH R.I.P. AMMUNITION PERFORMS AS ADVERTISED

EL LOBO

Custom
"Ammunition testing is always interesting.
Velocity, accuracy and a clean powder burn are important. However, feed reliability is a million times more important than any claimed ballistic advantage. When it comes to personal defense ammunition, you have to wade through the hype and misrepresentations."

https://gunworld.com/ammo/g2-research-rip-ammunition-performs-as-advertised/

I have never used this RIP ammo at $30 & $40 a box of 20 It's high as a cats back💰 and the cost prevents the practice💰.

"Ammunition testing is always interesting.
Velocity, accuracy and a clean powder burn are important. However, feed reliability is a million times more important than any claimed ballistic advantage. When it comes to personal defense ammunition, you have to wade through the hype and misrepresentations."

https://gunworld.com/ammo/g2-research-rip-ammunition-performs-as-advertised/

I have never used this RIP ammo at $30 & $40 a box of 20 It's high as a cats back💰 and the cost prevents the practice💰.
I’ve never been one to fall into the “don’t do x or the DA will use it against you” train of thought. If I want to cerakote my gun or put a different trigger on it, I’m going to. About the only thing I’d hesitate on would be Punisher skull type stuff or RIP rounds. The lawyer I chose for my self defense insurance should be able to easily explain JHP to a jury but a round like RIP with the plethora of bad press, lack of use by any legit agencies, and design that puts into question the difference between stopping a threat and killing a threat just doesn’t make practical sense to me. I’m going to stick with my HST’s.
Side note: the author complains about unqualified internet experts in one sentence and then almost immediately tosses out the “water jugs are just as good” for testing trope. Interesting article none the less.

Have you ever used this ammo?

No, because I’ve been around long enough to know that every few years, a company tries to push their lightweight, warpspeed “überround” as the best thing since the metallic cartridge...and every last one of them is shown to be a gimmick.

Glaser, MagSafe, RBCD, DRT, G2 RIP, and now the various “hydraulic transfer” screwdriver tipped rounds...

If they were actually half as good as they claim to be, you'd see them adopted by LE agencies and/or ”pointy end” users. You don't...and that speaks volumes.

And posting advertising by the company as supposed proof that it's good? Please.

No, because I’ve been around long enough to know that every few years, a company tries to push their lightweight, warpspeed “überround” as the best thing since the metallic cartridge...and every last one of them is shown to be a gimmick.

Glaser, MagSafe, RBCD, DRT, G2 RIP, and now the various “hydraulic transfer” screwdriver tipped rounds...

If they were actually half as good as they claim to be, you'd see them adopted by LE agencies and/or ”pointy end” users. You don't...and that speaks volumes.

And posting advertising by the company as supposed proof that it's good? Please.
I knew Jack Cannon the inventor of the Glaser safety slug back in the late 70's It worked well at being a frangible bullet no over-penetration as that's what it was designed for [removed].

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve never been one to fall into the “don’t do x or the DA will use it against you” train of thought. If I want to cerakote my gun or put a different trigger on it, I’m going to. About the only thing I’d hesitate on would be Punisher skull type stuff or RIP rounds. The lawyer I chose for my self defense insurance should be able to easily explain JHP to a jury but a round like RIP with the plethora of bad press, lack of use by any legit agencies, and design that puts into question the difference between stopping a threat and killing a threat just doesn’t make practical sense to me. I’m going to stick with my HST’s.
Side note: the author complains about unqualified internet experts in one sentence and then almost immediately tosses out the “water jugs are just as good” for testing trope. Interesting article none the less.
True so true.

I like the FEDERAL 9MM +P, 124 grain HST, Speer Gold Dot, 9mm 124 gr +P, Hornady Critical Duty 9MM 135 grain +P FOR SELF DEFENSE CARRY

This is just me, but I don’t believe in using +P ammo in any of my guns, even though there rated for it, it you read the fine print in the owners manual about using such ammo, it excelerates wear on your gun, which may have to been serviced more then just using regular ammo, just my opinion.

This is just me, but I don’t believe in using +P ammo in any of my guns, even though there rated for it, it you read the fine print in the owners manual about using such ammo, it excelerates wear on your gun, which may have to been serviced more then just using regular ammo, just my opinion.
I feel the need for speed! I like +p and make standard for the rest of the family until they get more experienced. I load rounds like my grandmother drives, FAST!

This is just me but I do believe in using +p Ammo because I like it and my gun is rated for it I just feel the need for speed!

I have an older sierra manual, I believe it's the 5th edition? For my 1961 mod70 264wm the imr4831 is max at 60.8gr @140sbt. I have put over 2,000 rounds of 140 @ 61.3gr, but I could/should slow it down? I push it too the limit and that's just me! My g17, g21 and g41 I use as hot as I can/want! It's not everyone's cup of tea!

Back