testtest

Gear up packages

Hi, new to the forum and hopefully new to gun ownership.
Ive decided on a xds mod2 9mm and I’ve been seeing posts about “gear up packages”
Are these still available or only at certain times of the year when purchasing new?
Thank you in advance for any help.

The gear up packages are nice, some of the dealers may have one on the shelf anytime. They get you started with the basics. I have found though that most people get rid of the holster and mag carrier. If you are new to gun ownership what kind of experience do you have with a firearm? What is the plan for purchasing an XD-S?

Hi, new to the forum and hopefully new to gun ownership.
Ive decided on a xds mod2 9mm and I’ve been seeing posts about “gear up packages”
Are these still available or only at certain times of the year when purchasing new?
Thank you in advance for any help.
The "Gear Up" promotions I've been fortunate to take advantage of (4 of them), were for new firearms (1- 10mm, 3-45's), and occurred at the end of the year (3-2018, 1-2019). the 2018 promotion I got in 2018, only provide 3 extra mags (in addition to the 2 that came with the firearm), and a range bags with SA Morale/Velcro patch. The 2019 promo came with a total of 5 mags, holster, double mag carrier and range bag with the aforementioned SA patch. All came with the firearm in a hard plastic case.

I have purchased 2 Springfield pistols with gear up packages. First one, you gave S/A the serial of the gun and a copy of the receipt and they send you extra mags. The second (XDS) came with the range bag, extra mags, carrier, holster, etc. all there. The store ordered it for me from a distributor because I was looking for the one with the tritium front sight. Certainly worth it with the extras they pack in. With both, after registration\warranty they gave me discounts on extra mags which I took full advantage of.

The gear up packages are nice, some of the dealers may have one on the shelf anytime. They get you started with the basics. I have found though that most people get rid of the holster and mag carrier. If you are new to gun ownership what kind of experience do you have with a firearm? What is the plan for purchasing an XD-S?
Just some limited recreational shooting for my background.
I want a sub compact for conceal carry and home defense. The single stack will help with getting my wife comfortable with the thinner grip and I’m left handed so the ambidextrous mag release helps me. Ive also shot the xds 9mm (first edition?) and liked the gun.
I was just wondering if I should wait for a sale with a “gear package” or is it not worth waiting for especially if they don’t do it again?

You should take your wife to get a feel for it before you purchase. I have found that if the wife doesn't like the feel you will never get her "comfortable" with it.

Is the gear up package worth it? I would say yes. Is it worth waiting for? That depends on you, they do charge a bit more for the gear up package but the cost of magazines is worth it. If you shop around on the sites now you will find a few of the dealers that have them in stock.

I’ve gotten the Gear up package twice now. If I’m looking for a firearm that’s been out over a year that’s the direction I looks for. Plus I love the hard cases over the soft cases or cardboard boxes. The extra mags and Kydex holsters are great and saves me a lot of money.

I don't believe they're offered by season. You may be able to get more definitive answers by going to the Springfield Armory website directly. My humble opinion is they're well worth it, even if you have to wait to receive the items. In the beginning, that's how everyone got them.

Do the gear packages come out late in the year?
I get regular emails from Springfield Armory & that’s when I see the Gear Up promotions. 3 of the 4 firearms that we’re eligible for the promotion were in my LGS. The other I ordered before the 12/31/18 deadline and told them to ensure it was eligible to the promo. All 4 promotions were towards the end of the calendar year & may have ran during the last quarter (Sept.-Dec.). After having received the firearm, I then registered each firearm and applied online for the promo, uploading a copy of the sales receipt & filling out a short form. Several weeks later the gear was mailed to my residence. The promotion may occur during different periods of a year. I suggest trying to sign up at SA‘s website for news, promotions & updates (this may be an option when registering your firearm, I’m not sure how I went about it to be honest), as they’re pretty good sending that stuff out.

I get regular emails from Springfield Armory & that’s when I see the Gear Up promotions. 3 of the 4 firearms that we’re eligible for the promotion were in my LGS. The other I ordered before the 12/31/18 deadline and told them to ensure it was eligible to the promo. All 4 promotions were towards the end of the calendar year & may have ran during the last quarter (Sept.-Dec.). After having received the firearm, I then registered each firearm and applied online for the promo, uploading a copy of the sales receipt & filling out a short form. Several weeks later the gear was mailed to my residence. The promotion may occur during different periods of a year. I suggest trying to sign up at SA‘s website for news, promotions & updates (this may be an option when registering your firearm, I’m not sure how I went about it to be honest), as they’re pretty good sending that stuff out.
Thank you, I’ll look to signup immediately!

Do the gear packages come out late in th
Thank you, I’ll look to signup immediately!
Hi Jtantrum99. If you enter the Springfield Armory giveaway link below (Taken from another thread on this forum posted by Editor Mike H.), after entering your name & email (plus checking you're over 18 etc), you'll get a list of checkoff items for entry points. The first one is signup for SA Newsletter. Doing this will enable you to get their newsletter and be potentially notified for any future "Gear Up" Promotions & good luck with the giveaway as well (y):)

Hi Jtantrum99. If you enter the Springfield Armory giveaway link below (Taken from another thread on this forum posted by Editor Mike H.), after entering your name & email (plus checking you're over 18 etc), you'll get a list of checkoff items for entry points. The first one is signup for SA Newsletter. Doing this will enable you to get their newsletter and be potentially notified for any future "Gear Up" Promotions & good luck with the giveaway as well (y):)

Thank you, I’ve already signed up with the hope of winning!

Just out of curiosity, anyone else have trouble signing up for giveaways? My systems always throw up alerts and what not.

Back