testtest

Good day at the range today 3/3/23

Trebor657

Operator
So within the last month or so I got a couple new weapons....A Kel Tec Sub 2000 folding 9mm carbine and a Kahr CW380....Had a chance to go to the range today with both....

First up is the Sub 2000...I purchased a red dot sight and got it early this week....I had shot the Sub 2K with the factory sights (which are not very good) and they were mediocre at best...about the best I could do at 15 yards was a pattern about 5" around...not terrible but I thought I could do better...so today I put on the red dot at 20 yards....Took 10-12 shots to get it zeroed in...once I was happy with the zero, I took my time with the first couple in the X and gradually increased the pace....The red dot made all the difference. Ended up with a 2" pattern at the 20-yard distance...The Kel Tek is a tack driver with recoil just slightly more than a .22 and it performed perfectly.... very happy with my choice.... The Sub 2000 is a folding carbine that is 16" long when folded...I made a case to carry it in which works perfectly...

Next I got out the Kahr CW380 which I just got a couple days ago and have never fired....It is a pocket 380 and is smaller than the LCPII, Sig P238, S&W Bodyguard etc....I have a Kahr PM9 and really like the Kahr pistols in general...My biggest concern was that the CW380 got some poor reviews, mostly around FTF and FTE issues as well as failure of slide to lock back on the last shot...I read various articles about the issues and watched multiple YouTube videos about the CW380 issues. I started researching and found that most of the articles and videos were 5+ years old. I then searched for articles and videos within the last year and found none reporting any FTF or FTE issues. My thought was maybe Kahr solved the issues, so I decided to take a chance.... I was shooting 95 gr. Winchester White Box FMJ at 25 feet.... After only two or three shot getting used to the bar/dot sights I was in the X ring with the pattern about 2.75".... not bad at all for the first shots.... Also, it performed flawlessly with no FTF or FTE or slide lock back failures.... Recoil is very manageable, and the sight picture is very good also. I don't do well with three dots for some reason so the bar dot for me was a big improvement and made target acquisition quick...It will be a backup pocket gun primarily or a "quick trip the grocery" gun for the most part.... I will need to put another 100 or so rounds through it before I carry it, but so far, so good...

Overall I am very happy with both my new weapons....I would recommended both of them to fellow shooters...Thanks for reading...

Attachments

• K1.JPG
    K1.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 61
  • K3.JPG
    K3.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Case 4.JPG
    Case 4.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 64
Back