testtest

Good eyes 👀 ditching the glasses- cataract surgery

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Well, I had a cataract that increased in size last couple years in the right eye to cut my vision down to 20/80 here recently even with glass. I’m blind as a bat without glasses to begin with l.🥸🥸
Luckily, I’m a right handed pistol shooter, left eye dominant and shoot using my left eye. Rifles, I use left shoulder, southpaw. That eye is developing a spread of the area on a cataract in that eye also.

Went under the laser yesterday for cataract surgery on the right eye and they put in a corrected trifocal lens that puts my near and far vision back to 20/20.
Microscopic surgery when the suck out the old lens of your eye and replace with synthetic, corrected lens for my eyesight.

No patch. No stitches. Just eye meds.
Amazing technology 🤠🤠
I could have bought many Prodigies for the cost, but you cant put a price on proper vision. Well, the eye Dr can 😵‍💫🤪🤑🤑🤑🤑

Left eye gets done in 2 weeks.

Watch out @SimonRL , I’ll be able to see 25 yards here in a few weeks 🤣🤣

Congtstulations. My wife had it done years ago, wait til you see a picture of yourself using flash. The eye shine is impressive lol. She does say that she has gotten a bit more reflection interference in the dark driving in the past few years but is not sure that is the cause.

Well, I had a cataract that increased in size last couple years in the right eye to cut my vision down to 20/80 here recently even with glass. I’m blind as a bat without glasses to begin with l.🥸🥸
Luckily, I’m a right handed pistol shooter, left eye dominant and shoot using my left eye. Rifles, I use left shoulder, southpaw. That eye is developing a spread of the area on a cataract in that eye also.

Went under the laser yesterday for cataract surgery on the right eye and they put in a corrected trifocal lens that puts my near and far vision back to 20/20.
Microscopic surgery when the suck out the old lens of your eye and replace with synthetic, corrected lens for my eyesight.

Amazing technology 🤠🤠
I could have bought many Prodigies for the cost, but you cant put a price on proper vision. Well, the eye Dr can 😵‍💫🤪🤑🤑🤑🤑

Congratulations killer, I have Macular Degeneration in my left eye ☹️ unfortunately not correctable.
Right now it’s a very very mild out of focus situation but will eventually get worse.
Luckily my right eye is ok.

Last edited:
Congratulations killer, I have Macular Degeneration in my left eye ☹️ unfortunately not correctable.
Right now it’s a very very mild out of focus situation but will eventually get worse.

My mom has had that in both eyes for 25 years. She gets shots in the eye when needed. Her eyesight has dismissed some but she still lives alone and functions. She also takes pressure vision vitamins and so do I per me eye Dr's recomendation.

Congtstulations. My wife had it done years ago, wait til you see a picture of yourself using flash. The eye shine is impressive lol. She does say that she has gotten a bit more reflection interference in the dark driving in the past few years but is not sure that is the cause.
Thanks guys !
Keystone, hope some meds and other advances help your situation from deterioration rapidly.

Wife banned me from yard work for a couple weeks so I dont get dust/junk in my eye. Bummer 🤪
Guess the son gets stuck mowing 🕺🕺

Downside is no shooting for 3-4 weeks+ so I dont get the gas/grit blowback in the eye either 😩🥺😢

After 30 years of knowing they were in there and not being an issue the cataracts finally kicked into gear this winter so starting in March & thru April I had both of my eyes done.

Didn't go with the trifocal lenses but went with astigmatism-correcting lenses. Have to wear cheater glasses (1.25) for very fine print but that's OK. After being very near sighted all my life it's great to ditch all the glasses/contacts & associated support supplies.

It's great to be able to see far & without the fear of losing glasses/contacts now.

Hope everything goes well on the first eye & the second.

Thanks guys !
Keystone, hope some meds and other advances help your situation from deterioration rapidly.

Wife banned me from yard work for a couple weeks so I dont get dust/junk in my eye. Bummer 🤪
Guess the son gets stuck mowing 🕺🕺

Downside is no shooting for 3-4 weeks+ so I dont get the gas/grit blowback in the eye either 😩🥺😢
What about goggles (only for shooting, not mowing :rolleyes: :whistle::whistle::sleep::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)?

Amazing technology 🤠🤠

Congrats on the success of the surgery. Now, be careful with it, do what the Doc says (and the wife) to protect it till all healed, then get back to enjoyin' life!!! You done good son, you done real good! (y)

I’m glad all went went well @KillerFord1977, I remember when I had LASIK everything seemed hyper real. Now you’ve got no excuses at the range and I can stop taking it easy on you. It’s on, old man!
1662136840983.gif

After 30 years of knowing they were in there and not being an issue the cataracts finally kicked into gear this winter so starting in March & thru April I had both of my eyes done.

Didn't go with the trifocal lenses but went with astigmatism-correcting lenses. Have to wear cheater glasses (1.25) for very fine print but that's OK. After being very near sighted all my life it's great to ditch all the glasses/contacts & associated support supplies.

It's great to be able to see far & without the fear of losing glasses/contacts now.

Hope everything goes well on the first eye & the second.
I had the same thing done on both eyes. It's great to have distance vision better than I have ever had. I use reading glasses for fine work. Iron sights are fuzzy, but I can shoot them successfully if I have 3 dot sights and the front a contrasting color out to about 12 yards. I have added red dots to 3 of my pistols and they are great for my new eyes. The red dot really helps for longer ranges. I'm sure that is the case for anyone, but for me it was a great addition to my shooting. I hope everyone's surgery goes well.

I had the same thing done on both eyes. It's great to have distance vision better than I have ever had. I use reading glasses for fine work. Iron sights are fuzzy, but I can shoot them successfully if I have 3 dot sights and the front a contrasting color out to about 12 yards. I have added red dots to 3 of my pistols and they are great for my new eyes. The red dot really helps for longer ranges. I'm sure that is the case for anyone, but for me it was a great addition to my shooting. I hope everyone's surgery goes well.
My Ophthalmologist is a shooter so he set up my new lenses, so I only need readers for close-in fine-print work. No problems with using iron sights on a rifle or pistol.

Back