testtest

Grave Digger

That looks fun, I was into the R/C cars many years ago, had one very similar to this, they can be loads of fun.
Yah me too! Was a blast and pretty cool at the time. Thinking was from the 1980's or 90's?
Love that one you're getting! Always a fan of panel trucks. Wish they still made full sized ones.
One R/C car here's just been getting lonely sitting in the box for about 10 years. Need to get it out again soon if batteries are any good? Used to be into, race and build HO and 1/24 scale slot cars at one time too. Built a 6 lane track.... beats me where that went? - Thinking parents gave it away to some other kids after moved out many moons ago.

Count me in on the used to have rc cars. Back then the top names were associated and losi. I was a team associated fan.
Used to race them at a local indoor track that was carpet oval (electric cars), but was into it enough that when I was down south in a city on vacation I checked out a really cool indoor (huge) off road course as well as a outdoor concrete oval.
I miss those days. things were simple and it was a big deal to drop $2-300 on a hobby (not counting the car).
Now, I took the wife, her son and his wife out to eat and with tip it was $225.

You’ll have to let us all know how it performs on the surface of Mars Marvin, Er I’m mean Anni 😄😆😂
This is my Mars R/C addition……
1622844479636.jpeg

Count me in on the used to have rc cars. Back then the top names were associated and losi. I was a team associated fan.
Used to race them at a local indoor track that was carpet oval (electric cars), but was into it enough that when I was down south in a city on vacation I checked out a really cool indoor (huge) off road course as well as a outdoor concrete oval.
I miss those days. things were simple and it was a big deal to drop $2-300 on a hobby (not counting the car).
Now, I took the wife, her son and his wife out to eat and with tip it was $225.
The cars can be very expensive, just depends on what your after and what your going to do with it, the one I ordered was $300.00+$60.00 for battery pack and charger, Axial comes with the radio. Now the dealer was wanting to sell me the rock crawler grave digger, but when he said $639.00 plus radio, battery and charger extra, I said just order regular monster truck.

The cars can be very expensive, just depends on what your after and what your going to do with it, the one I ordered was $300.00+$60.00 for battery pack and charger, Axial comes with the radio. Now the dealer was wanting to sell me the rock crawler grave digger, but when he said $639.00 plus radio, battery and charger extra, I said just order regular monster truck.
I was into slot car racing as a kid, but as is usually my luck, I buy the most expensive car and controller, and ran the car on three different tracks that a place had in town. After 2 or three visits, the place closes and there were no other tracks anywhere close to me. 😢😭😆. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Yeah, that is why I said not counting the car. Not all chargers, batteries, bearings or anything else are created equal. I used to peak my batteries with a multi meter hooked up to the charger, because I could find better things to do with $$$ then to buy an expensive charger.
I got started by buying another guy out. Which I really didn't he just upgraded everything. I was new and figured out real fast I had bought one that you could not really buy parts for. I got that thing just flying one night, running right in the front of the pack, couple laps left and I was maybe going to have my first 1st place finish and it was like suddenly the steering servo did not respond and into the wall at full speed. But I was hooked and since I could not get pars for the cheap china made one, I went out and bought an associated. I raced regular for a couple 2-3 years and then I guess I lost interest. Years later, I gave my boys all my equipment, which was probably $2000 worth and they just trashed it. Have them some old tonka toys and they just trashed them. Gave them my old stereo turntable and who knows, got divorced and don't know what happened to it.

My dad was into the miniature airplanes. It was not a cheap hobby. He can't do it anymore, but he still has a few planes and the radio controllers and all the stuff. I even bought him an enclosed trailer to haul it all to the airfield he belongs to. All sitting idle now.

I was into slot car racing as a kid, but as is usually my luck, I buy the most expensive car and controller, and ran the car on three different tracks that a place had in town. After 2 or three visits, the place closes and there were no other tracks anywhere close to me. 😢😭😆. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
"After 2 or three visits, the place closes and there were no other tracks anywhere close to me."
Happened here too. Is why built the home track.... They moved from a home shop to new location, then folded shortly thereafter.

My dad was into the miniature airplanes. It was not a cheap hobby. He can't do it anymore, but he still has a few planes and the radio controllers and all the stuff. I even bought him an enclosed trailer to haul it all to the airfield he belongs to. All sitting idle now.
Is an amazing hobby and lifestyle.
An uncle of mine had some, built them from scratch. Him and his are about in same boat as your dad's now.
He did a great job! Beautiful scale planes. But, phew that epoxy he used to build them was rough stuff!

"After 2 or three visits, the place closes and there were no other tracks anywhere close to me."
Happened here too. Is why built the home track.... They moved from a home shop to new location, then folded shortly thereafter.
Funny thing was, that a now good friend of mine, that lived in the same town as I, was part owner of the track with another friend of his. When I found out he owned it and then sold it so fast, he said "well you could of bought on of the three tracks". These tracks were large (larger than the basement in the house I grew up in), and as a kid of 14-15, didn't have that kind of money to even think about buying one. Most kids like the largest track, I preferred the middle sized track, where I was undefeated in the few times of racing there.

Funny thing was, that a now good friend of mine, that lived in the same town as I, was part owner of the track with another friend of his. When I found out he owned it and then sold it so fast, he said "well you could of bought on of the three tracks". These tracks were large (larger than the basement in the house I grew up in), and as a kid of 14-15, didn't have that kind of money to even think about buying one. Most kids like the largest track, I preferred the middle sized track, where I was undefeated in the few times of racing there.
Those tracks can get huge! Worse than billiard tables!
Used lot's of plywood and 2x4.....and then, the usable space needed for other things?
Had seen some tracks that folded up against the wall, but that fourth side was a pita to get to, needed a long retrieval wand.

Back