testtest

Great cleaning supplies from a company I didn't know

Funwithfuel

Custom
Founding Member
So my daughter ordered me a new (to me) product for cleaning my toys. I have been using Hoppes no9 forever. It's from a company called shooter lube. I watched some youtube vids and read some of their reviews. Sounded like snake oil and unicorn tears. Well, let me tell ya, I'm sold on this stuff. At least stage 1 (the cleaner) is the bomb. I just picked up a Saint Victor in .308 that ate a lot of dirty nasty crap. Smelled like it might have even ran some corrosive through it. Anyway, i sprayed it on , let it sit a bit and it all wiped right off. Same thing with the bolt and carrier, the caked crud behind the rings wiped right off. To work that good , you would think that it's gotta smell at least as good as Hoppes. Guess what, it has no odor! Not only does it work, it does it without chasing your wife outta the house. I could not believe the way this stuff cut through the filth. Now, I've lubed her up with stage 2 (the oil) it claims to be a full synthetic micro blah blah blah. I'll report back after I run her hard and give her the next big cleaning to see how things went and see what kinda noticeable wear I can detect. Until then, I recommend this stuff. I don't do that easily. I have to have personally tried it and had good results to recommend. So far that's a short list. Snap On, Mac, Milwaukee, Sig, Springfield, Mossberg, Remmy , and Benelli, now this stuff Shooter Lube. Please let me know if you think I'm full of it, or did I just introduce you to the best thing since sliced bread. I'm a bit bummed I didn't take pics. It was amazing.

I recently picked up these,
6AF3CBAA-1969-485B-99F1-685D65C16988.jpeg

first time I used one was last Saturday while cleaning my Saint Edge Pistol, I put 120 rounds of 5.56 through it on Friday, took it apart Saturday morning, looked great, the wipe started white, when I was done it was black. Wiped everything down with an extra Oil soaked Hoppe’s field wipe, blasted out the barrel then swabbed with a cleaning cloth, oiled everything up and assembled ready for next time.

I was in a hurry to get to the range when I took the M1A the other day, and after I left home, I remembered I didn’t clean the bore yet...stopped by a place on the way, I was just going to get a boresnake...

And ended up getting a Bore Boss instead; it was about half the price ($9.99 vs $16.99), and I really like it better.

Strongly recommend it for quick cleaning tasks.

I recently picked up these,
View attachment 7535
first time I used one was last Saturday while cleaning my Saint Edge Pistol, I put 120 rounds of 5.56 through it on Friday, took it apart Saturday morning, looked great, the wipe started white, when I was done it was black. Wiped everything down with an extra Oil soaked Hoppe’s field wipe, blasted out the barrel then swabbed with a cleaning cloth, oiled everything up and assembled ready for next time.
With gun scrubber, you just have watch it around polymer guns, it will eventually damage it, they used to make a polymer safe gun scrubber awhile back.....just an FYI

I was in a hurry to get to the range when I took the M1A the other day, and after I left home, I remembered I didn’t clean the bore yet...stopped by a place on the way, I was just going to get a boresnake...

And ended up getting a Bore Boss instead; it was about half the price ($9.99 vs $16.99), and I really like it better.

Thanks for posting this. I had not heard of it before.

New gun owner here. I’ve posted before asking question and I hope not to become a pain in the a$$.
I’m wondering if it’s possible to use too much cleaner and oil. I understand I don’t want it dripping but I wonder if I’m using enough.
I got my XDS mod 2 9mm and I cleaned it after my first range trip (100 rounds). I took my wife last trip for another 100 rounds (her first time ever shooting) So I want to clean it again. I have the Lucas oil set of CLP, oil and grease. Didn’t use the grease. Also using the Real Avid Gun Boss Multi-kit.

Yes, too much oil is bad, it will collect dirt and crap, just enough oil to lube, just don’t over due, and for rust protection, just a thin coating is all you need. Since you have the Lucas CLP, use it to clean your weapons, wipe off all excess to just leave a thin layer, and if your set has the gun oil, just a little bit where the owners manual shows you were to lube it. A little goes a long way.

I usually don’t use my gun lube oil for exterior surface protection—I use a Rustprufe cloth (and their oil, yes...). Finds it protects without having the heavy oil residue that lube oils can leave.

I also keep silicone cloths in my range bag a quick wipe down when I finish shooting.

(No, I am not affiliated with any of these products...but I do like to promote products I’ve tried and like)

New gun owner here. I’ve posted before asking question and I hope not to become a pain in the a$$.
I’m wondering if it’s possible to use too much cleaner and oil. I understand I don’t want it dripping but I wonder if I’m using enough.
I got my XDS mod 2 9mm and I cleaned it after my first range trip (100 rounds). I took my wife last trip for another 100 rounds (her first time ever shooting) So I want to clean it again. I have the Lucas oil set of CLP, oil and grease. Didn’t use the grease. Also using the Real Avid Gun Boss Multi-kit.
We love the questions! There’s a bunch of experienced gun folk in here with a ton of knowledge to pass along. I’m not new but I’m far far from experienced and really appreciate the opportunity to see other’s questions and problems.

That’s in my cleaning kit and it works great!

This is a really slick idea. And the price is definitely right. I'll be looking for it the next time I'm out and about. Thanks for posting it.

So my daughter ordered me a new (to me) product for cleaning my toys. I have been using Hoppes no9 forever. It's from a company called shooter lube. I watched some youtube vids and read some of their reviews. Sounded like snake oil and unicorn tears. Well, let me tell ya, I'm sold on this stuff. At least stage 1 (the cleaner) is the bomb. I just picked up a Saint Victor in .308 that ate a lot of dirty nasty crap. Smelled like it might have even ran some corrosive through it. Anyway, i sprayed it on , let it sit a bit and it all wiped right off. Same thing with the bolt and carrier, the caked crud behind the rings wiped right off. To work that good , you would think that it's gotta smell at least as good as Hoppes. Guess what, it has no odor! Not only does it work, it does it without chasing your wife outta the house. I could not believe the way this stuff cut through the filth. Now, I've lubed her up with stage 2 (the oil) it claims to be a full synthetic micro blah blah blah. I'll report back after I run her hard and give her the next big cleaning to see how things went and see what kinda noticeable wear I can detect. Until then, I recommend this stuff. I don't do that easily. I have to have personally tried it and had good results to recommend. So far that's a short list. Snap On, Mac, Milwaukee, Sig, Springfield, Mossberg, Remmy , and Benelli, now this stuff Shooter Lube. Please let me know if you think I'm full of it, or did I just introduce you to the best thing since sliced bread. I'm a bit bummed I didn't take pics. It was amazing.
FwF: how did the stage 2 oil turn out? I’m especially curious to know if their cleaner works better with their own syn oil...??

To be honest, I should have done a follow up. As luck would have it, things went sideways following this first post. I haven't been to the range, in or outdoors, since all the shenanigans. The rising cost of ammo has me hoarding the small quantity of ammo I do have. I promise all, if I can justify perforating some paper, I will post a follow up. Apologies for no follow up.

Earlier tonight I was just surfing a little looking for nothing in particular and found this ad for the "Bore Boss" that we heard about a few months or so ago from Hansgruber IIRC. But instead of a 'Boss' for just one gun or caliber, this included a set of three for less than $15.00. One for a 12ga shotgun, one for a 5.56mm and one for 9mm.

Probably a little shipping cost, but IIRC the OP said something about the "Boss" being about $10.00 each, so if that's the case and you need (or want) all three, this might be the time to jump.

Here's a link to take you to the ad. If the link doesn't work, just C/P the address into the address bar and I think that'll do it. It should take you to a 'SALE' page at "Sportsmanguide".com. When the page opens scroll down just a little to find the "Bore Boss" 3 pc kit.

PS: I have absolutely no financial interest in nor any connection to "Sportsmansguide" although I have bought many products from them over many years.

I use it also. Works as advertised. Bottle was small but a little goes a long way.

Back