testtest

Grey/Blue gunk from my suppressor? Q?

Excuse my ignorance, new suppressor owner, first time out shooting it, after about 500 rounds couldn't get it off. Wasn't sure how much force I should use, anyway I finally just pulled hard, and it came off and as you can see it left a grey/blue paste on my muzzle. Just wondering what that is. Am I supposed to clean it off? and do I need to get some more and re-apply it?

Thanks.

2023-01-18 16.40.26.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, new suppressor owner, first time out shooting it, after about 500 rounds couldn't get it off. Wasn't sure how much force I should use, anyway I finally just pulled hard, and it came off and as you can see it left a grey/blue paste on my muzzle. Just wondering what that is. Am I supposed to clean it off? and do I need to get some more and re-apply it?

Thanks.

View attachment 35230
That's pretty common after shooting with a suppressor and depending on the finish of your muzzle device you may notice more residue.

This is just left over carbon and copper oxidization from shooting jacketed bullets.

Nothing to worry about, just keep shooting and having fun.

Note:

Lube around the QD mechanism on your suppressor and work it back and forth a bunch to break it in and it should be easier to get off next time out.

Is that a SureFire Socom suppressor? I've seen a video with Garand Thumb with the suppressor so carbon locked that they he literally shot it off the rifle. This was a suppressor that had thousands of rounds consistanly run through it with being taken off and cleaned.

Skip to the 21 minute mark of the video to see the suppressor get shot off.

Last edited:
Back