testtest

Grilled Steaks & Red Wine Glaze

Nic recipe for grilled steaks and red wine glaze.

How did I miss this ?

my main hobby is cooking
71349613-0990-4D44-8B5F-396D81FE44B6.jpeg
868CD20C-5A67-44F5-8F99-10547F1D23F2.jpeg
C8ADB82E-B880-4265-922E-D00B566851FE.jpeg
E8534D63-1A73-464B-8E2D-FF50386EC2CB.jpeg
C0C635E1-69BC-4F17-AB3D-4AE0FF4107D7.jpeg

Bring me some so we can judge.🤪🤪🤪
Never can get enough Venison ...
Love the stuff.
I go bonkers when folks want to cook it like a ribeye or store steak 😩😩🤯🤯

My relatives in the south used to pan fry it. My dad still likes it pan fried. I ate it when I was a kid and didn't know better. One of my favorite ways to cook it is to flash brown it and then let it simmer over a charcoal fire in a pan of a sauce I won't tell you the ingredients of for about 40 minutes. ;-)

My relatives in the south used to pan fry it. My dad still likes it pan fried. I ate it when I was a kid and didn't know better. One of my favorite ways to cook it is to flash brown it and then let it simmer over a charcoal fire in a pan of a sauce I won't tell you the ingredients of for about 40 minutes. ;-)
I am a minimalist on venison.
Salt pepper dont overcook in a cast iron skillet on high heat real quick. If you have to turn all your kill into meat sticks and sausage you dont know jack about venison. I dont even mix pork for sausage. Just have to know how to cook it. Throw your normal grill technique out the window for venison. Whole new ballgame

I am a minimalist on venison.
Salt pepper dont overcook in a cast iron skillet on high heat real quick. If you have to turn all your kill into meat sticks and sausage you dont know jack about venison. I dont even mix pork for sausage. Just have to know how to cook it. Throw your normal grill technique out the window for venison. Whole new ballgame

Being the son of a butcher I do make snack sticks and sausage. Out of the trim. That is the BS I cut off the deer as I bone it. I like deer a lot of ways. Pan fried is ok but it is not my preferred method of cooking. That goes for any piece of meat really. The fact is over the years easily 1/2 to 2/3 of my meat intake has been venison I have harvested. That's a lot of meat. So I know a lot of ways to cook it.

I bet a buddy of mine who is also a life long hunter and venison aficionado that I could cook a ham steak and he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and a strap or a loin. And that was without a bunch of sauce or other crap. He lost. My wife likes roasts and she's good at cooking them so I usually give her the hams off the first one I take. After the first one I steak everything else up.

Being the son of a butcher I do make snack sticks and sausage. Out of the trim. That is the BS I cut off the deer as I bone it. I like deer a lot of ways. Pan fried is ok but it is not my preferred method of cooking. That goes for any piece of meat really. The fact is over the years easily 1/2 to 2/3 of my meat intake has been venison I have harvested. That's a lot of meat. So I know a lot of ways to cook it.

I bet a buddy of mine who is also a life long hunter and venison aficionado that I could cook a ham steak and he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and a strap or a loin. And that was without a bunch of sauce or other crap. He lost. My wife likes roasts and she's good at cooking them so I usually give her the hams off the first one I take. After the first one I steak everything else up.
Not judging your methods.
Pointing out that MOST folks cannot cook venison worth a darn let alone a can of green beans for that matter

Back