testtest

Group of Texas Firearms Instructors Oppose Constitutional Carry

There has actually been a lot of talk about them lately. They are also catching a lot of heat from the General Public here in Texas. A lot of people saying they will do what they can to insure they won’t be in business much longer.
Bet there is. Good for general public, hope they flush that waste down where it belongs. Is not exactly brilliant to denigrate and go against the very people you're supposed to be helping in any business. It isn't the 1st time that's happened, but hope it's close to the last time. Playing both sides against the middle is not respected too much anywhere by anyone. In Texas? Likely less?

An interesting read and surprising tidbit of news;

So the “ Instructor” is also a member of an anti gun group. Ha ha.
And why doesn’t this surprise me that it’s in Austin. I’ve never been there and even I know it’s the worst city in Texas. Y’all should see if you can’t sell Austin to Kalifornia.

So the “ Instructor” is also a member of an anti gun group. Ha ha.
And why doesn’t this surprise me that it’s in Austin. I’ve never been there and even I know it’s the worst city in Texas. Y’all should see if you can’t sell Austin to Kalifornia.
Is sorta strange and a group following him/them too. Found it a bit odd, is why posted it for more common knowledge. Can find just about anything want or don't in Texas? Read up more on it elsewhere afterwards, not much new other than Texas voting on it 4/15/2021 - Thursday.

An interesting read and surprising tidbit of news;

so, those that depend on thier income, from doing thier job, oppose what they do.??

i suppose if they worked at McDonalds, they'd oppose cooking the foods, and serving it as well?

i think they got thier priorities mixed up a tad..

and i hope they starve themselves out of a job.

Looking at other news clips of the story, I found a quote in the Texas Tribune, by Dan Patrick, Texas LtGov:

"Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who heads the Senate, has previously expressed hesitation over the measure, saying in a 2017 radio interview that, “with all the police violence today we have in our state … law enforcement does not like the idea of anyone being able to walk down the street with a gun and they don’t know if they have a permit or not.”

The last sentence is what caught my eye. Does law enforcement in TX personally know everyone on-sight that has a permit? I have my KY "permit", and I bet not one local law enforcement officer that sees me knows it.

Not to give the anti firearms folks any new harrassment ideas, but it's not like we're wearing a sign draped around our neck stating we're "permitted".

Looking at other news clips of the story, I found a quote in the Texas Tribune, by Dan Patrick, Texas LtGov:

"Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who heads the Senate, has previously expressed hesitation over the measure, saying in a 2017 radio interview that, “with all the police violence today we have in our state … law enforcement does not like the idea of anyone being able to walk down the street with a gun and they don’t know if they have a permit or not.”

The last sentence is what caught my eye. Does law enforcement in TX personally know everyone on-sight that has a permit? I have my KY "permit", and I bet not one local law enforcement officer that sees me knows it.

Not to give the anti firearms folks any new harrassment ideas, but it's not like we're wearing a sign draped around our neck stating we're "permitted".
Not to give the anti firearms folks any new harassment ideas, but it's not like we're wearing a sign draped around our neck stating we're "permitted".

that would be as bad as say a former or current fighter/boxer being in jail...everyone would want to challenge him.

meaning, if we were to have some sort of "sign" that we are carrying, i'd imagine every crackhead would try to hack us to death with his machete, just cause he wanted to try it.

I have a hint for the LEOs (and anyone else "worried" about people carrying in public):

Criminals aren't gonna carry in the open. Illegal guns (no serial numbers, stolen, 'borrowed', or streetcorner-purchased) aren't going to be out in the open because they, in themselves, are a crime. Crooks are gonna keep them hidden.

It's a pretty good bet that if someone carries openly...they're doing so legally. Legal firearm, legal citizen...nothing to hide.

I have a hint for the LEOs (and anyone else "worried" about people carrying in public):

Criminals aren't gonna carry in the open. Illegal guns (no serial numbers, stolen, 'borrowed', or streetcorner-purchased) aren't going to be out in the open because they, in themselves, are a crime. Crooks are gonna keep them hidden.

It's a pretty good bet that if someone carries openly...they're doing so legally. Legal firearm, legal citizen...nothing to hide.
☝️☝️What he said☝️☝️

I don't want to carry openly. Ever.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I have an inordinate amount of friends who are cops. And I talk to more cops than the average citizen. And inevitably crime in the city and concealed, constitutional carry comes up. None of the police I know have a problem with it. In fact most support or encourage it.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I have an inordinate amount of friends who are cops. And I talk to more cops than the average citizen. And inevitably crime in the city and concealed, constitutional carry comes up. None of the police I know have a problem with it. In fact most support or encourage it.
Nope, me either.
But? All things and localities laws depending, if having a CCL, CPL you can sometimes carry openly where others can not. So, one in the open is better than none?

A legally armed citizen (open or concealed) is a LEO best friend. Any Law Enforcement officer who thinks not is indoctrinated left or has a tyrant syndrome.

Are these instructors too dense to realize that the overwhelming majority of successful businesses make a profit without any laws forcing customers to do business with them? If you offer quality training, then customers will seek you out without the government forcing them to do so. Eagle Gun Range has several locations in the Dallas area, and their facilities are nicer than most of their competitors. Unfortunately, I will no longer be doing any business them as long as the instructor that signed this letter is affiliated with them in any way.

Back