testtest

Guided-bullet technology

BobM

Hellcat
A new guided-bullet technology promises to make longer distance shots a little easier by installing guidance systems in bullets.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/snipers-just-got-deadlier-say-hello-‘guided’-bullets-192204
Pretty cool Recusant, Thanks for posting info.
Have read some other military tech involving caseless ammo, plastics and other things. Guided ammo isn't too surprising with miniaturization and guided missile technology available. The cost is likely prohibitive for average shooter right now. Depending on the tech used though, electronic signal jammers may be some of the ammo's downfall?

Recusant

Custom
Pretty cool Recusant, Thanks for posting info.
Have read some other military tech involving caseless ammo, plastics and other things. Guided ammo isn't too surprising with miniaturization and guided missile technology available. The cost is likely prohibitive for average shooter right now. Depending on the tech used though, electronic signal jammers may be some of the ammo's downfall?
At 46 pounds that would be like carrying two M60's. Even Rambo would struggle with that. But if you are working from a fortified position that's under siege it would be the bees knees.

Jimbo

Elite
I think this new technology is great. But I hope it doesn't lead to these snipers losing their ability to home in on the target using old-school methods. You need to be able to get the job done the old fashioned way if the automatic, hi-tech methods aren't working for whatever reason.

TEXASforLIFE

Hellcat
A miniturized javelin would work where it's shot semi up with fire and forget. A bullet doesn't need the explosive, just guidance. With the 2.5 mile range you or they could go undetected? Some kind of fun minuverance until the last xxx amount of distance an excellent will activate to create more energy.

TSiWRX

Custom
I don't need it....

wanted-bullet.gif