testtest

Gun Buyback

I'd be interested in knowing the ages of the people who participated in that program. Were they elderly folks that can no longer operate/maintain a firearm, or perhaps folks who might need the money, etc, etc.

One thing I've never understood, and that is how can the gov't "buy back" something they didn't initially sell?

I would rather be an outlaw than give up my way of life. I need my firearms. Not only to protect me and my family. But to hunt as well. If I can't hunt I might as well become a vegetarian. Nothing else can compare to wild game meat. Like Black bear bacon is soo much better than pork.

I would rather be an outlaw than give up my way of life. I need my firearms. Not only to protect me and my family. But to hunt as well. If I can't hunt I might as well become a vegetarian. Nothing else can compare to wild game meat. Like Black bear bacon is soo much better than pork.

Although I have never eaten Elk , Bear , or any other BIG game , I have eaten plenty of Bob White Quail , rabbits , Dove , Pheasant , Duck , wild Geese , Squirrel , and Deer . I've also eaten Bull frog , turtle ( various kinds ) Groundhog ( woodchuck to some ) and tried a piece of Muskrat.

Most buy backs get junk turned in with a few old people turning in a nice handgun once in a while. I dislike the term " Buy Back " because you can't buy back what you have never owned in the first place.

I think the government uses the term buy back since they think they own everything you have in the first place. They want your house to put in a pipeline or something similar, they use Eminent Domain to "buy back" your house. Want your car, "cash for Clunkers buy back". So it fits with guns, "we'll buy em back, easy peasy" 🤫

The rifle in the picture that the Officer is putting back looks like an air rifle and also noticed a blackpowder revolver on the table-and I wonder what the 3 "Assault Weapons" were.

I think the government uses the term buy back since they think they own everything you have in the first place. They want your house to put in a pipeline or something similar, they use Eminent Domain to "buy back" your house. Want your car, "cash for Clunkers buy back". So it fits with guns, "we'll buy em back, easy peasy" 🤫
They always own your house and car. Even if you pay off your car and house, you still have to pay taxes on it. Every year you have to buy a tag for your car... And still have to pay property taxes on a house you paid off.

1582947598743.jpeg

Lived in Connecticut for 54 years, worked at both Marlin Firearms and OF Mossberg which were both in North Haven CT. Just two miles from each other. When Remington bought Marlin and then 4 years later moved Marlin out of Connecticut the city of North Haven gave Remington huge tax breaks. It was all about money and to get ride of Firearm companies that made Connecticut and New England great.
I’m rambling sorry.
I didn’t know about the gun buy back program but I was wondering what that sucking sound was created by the vacuum when all those guns were turned in. The only ones safer now are the criminals.

I'm wondering how many of those 149 guns turned in were actually operable and functional?
Plus remember... the 149 guns turned in out of the population of 61,493 is a mere 0.00242% of the population there that turned firearms in. That's less than 1/2 of one percent. Translated as 0.242 percent. One half of a percent is 0.5, turned in was 0.242, hmmm🤔
Sounds to me like it would be possible that some might be inoperable. Either way... 99.99758% of the population chose to keep their firearms.😃👍

Back