testtest

Gun Control Orgs Use Atlanta Shootings to Argue for Firearm Purchase Waiting Periods

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Ok, now after the shootings in Atlanta, now gun control groups want a waiting period, seems like they always use a tragedy to push for more gun control, when actually, they never think about the families, just push there agenda.

Last edited:
Anything for print? Some are using what kind of ignorance for an excuse now?

Proposed waiting period for what and who?

If some people would just step back, take a deep breath, and actually think about who and what all is concerned and involved before speaking, some things would never be said? But, so much for their fantasy or "story" telling?
Anything for a buck is getting really old? May have sold off intelligence 1st?

Besides all that, average person would think a waiting period for typical gun owner is redundant and "sillystupid" for people who already possess multiple guns if actually thinking?

As Bassbob pointed out, I am not aware of any scientific evidence to support the idea that a waiting period would stop mass shootings. Once someone has comes to terms with the utterly evil and insane idea of committing a mass shooting, why on earth would anyone assume that having to put off their plans for a few days would discourage a potential mass shooter?

Ok, now after the shootings in Atlanta, now gun control groups want a waiting period, seems like they always use a tragedy to push for more gun control, when actually, they never think about the families, just push there agenda.

Waiting periods mean or accomplish nothing. As mentioned above if someone is intent on doing harm they will find a way.

"Con"gress, not knowing or caring about the difference between a military or law enforcement full auto assault weapon and a popular modern semi auto sporting rifle that only looks like the full auto version with nowhere near the rate of fire, will continue to use the term "assault weapon" to frighten the unknowing citizen to support their anti 2A motives. It's time for the pro 2A organizations to offer "Con"gress a free in-session seminar on the difference between the two and publicize it widely for all to see on C-SPAN and any other available media in the event that they reject it.

Last edited:
"Con"gress, not knowing or caring about the difference between a military or law enforcement full auto assault weapon and a popular modern semi auto sporting rifle that only looks like the full auto version with nowhere near the rate of fire, will continue to use the term "assault weapon" to frighten the unknowing citizen to support their anti 2A motives. It's time for the pro 2A organizations to offer "Con"gress a free in-session seminar on the difference between the two and publicize it widely for all to see on C-SPAN and any other available media in the event that they reject it.
Nice idea never going to happen.

Nice idea never going to happen.

Unfortunately, I know. Although I don't own one of these firearms and have no current plans to, I'm just tired of the misrepresentation of the term "assault weapon" by elected representatives, who should know better, trying to hoodwink their constituents into believing something that is absolutely untrue according to the actual statistics on their use.

Unfortunately, I know. Although I don't own one of these firearms and have no current plans to, I'm just tired of the misrepresentation of the term "assault weapon" by elected representatives, who should know better, trying to hoodwink their constituents into believing something that is absolutely untrue according to the actual statistics on their use.
Preaching to the choir.

You'd think Congress would know difference between semi auto and auto weapons?
Thought they approved military budgets? Hate to think of our military with only semi automatic weapons by Congressional mistake?. Our opponents may laugh us off the field or out of the sky then?

You'd think Congress would know difference between semi auto and auto weapons?
Thought they approved military budgets? Hate to think of our military with only semi automatic weapons by Congressional mistake?. Our opponents may laugh us off the field or out of the sky then?

Most infantry are not carrying full auto. Semi and 3 round burst. I think the army just started issuing full auto again though.

I'm just going by what my marine friends say. Ammo is heavy and extra mags take up space. Pretty much all the military guys I know prefer 3 rd. burst as an option.

I agree. 3 round burst should be and is an option. Just read about this a few days ago. Here's what the military and several law enforcement agencies ordered. The PD's ordered the B&T MP9 model and B&T model MP7 suppressors for the H&K model MP7. Here's a link for the military: https://www.all4shooters.com/en/sho...r-the-us-army-sub-compact-weapon-scw-program/

For the PD's: https://bt-arms.com/news/

Edit to add the links.

Last edited:
Back