testtest

GUN TRAINING FOR WOMEN

I'm glad to see and hear of more training especially for the ladies as time goes on. Sometimes things called training actually causes more trouble for women than good. You know, like those idiots who enjoy seeing a girl/woman beat-up with a big, powerful round with far more recoil than they're expecting. I'm convinced the addition of more and more ladies being added to the ranks of us gun lovers is a good thing going forward.

Back in mid-late 90's I was pretty heavily involved as a firearm's instructor in some of the very first 'BOW' (Becoming an Outdoors Woman) workshops in the state. It involved a lot of firearm's training (my particular involvement), but also other outdoor skills involved in fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, etc, etc. I remember specifically how much the ladies really enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure most of them went on to bigger and better outdoors/shooting skills. I think what made it so different for them was that the entire workshop was designed around women and their particular needs, capabilities and skill levels. No men were allowed in the training and only a very few allowed as trainers.

Hadn't even thought about those workshops in a lot of years ............ good memories !!! Thanks for the article Anni.

Back