testtest

Gun You are Most Surprised is Sold Out?

wmg1299

Professional
With all of the social unrest in an election year, I'm not surprised to see defensive handguns and Modern Sporting Rifles selling out. What does surprise me is that a few of the guns that I have been interested in purchasing for awhile, but which are not usually associated with home defense or concealed-carry, are also sold out. I've been thinking about grabbing a Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in 45-70 and can't find one anywhere in stock. The 1895 is a great gun, but I wouldn't expect a 45-70 lever gun to be on any first-time gun buyers list. What are the guns that you guys are most surprised to see missing from store shelves since the world went crazy?

In talking with several FFL sales persons at a few LGS, they tell me everything is a hot item. All pistols of any caliber, ARs, shotguns, lever action guns, etc. One LGS listed 3 S&W 500 magnums available on their site, when I went down there, they were all gone & couldn’t get anymore. I ordered one from another LGS, and it will be at least 4-6 months before it will come in at the earliest.
So I’d say the 500 Magnum surprises me, since it isn’t really a carry gun, and probably a home defense gun of last resort, as other firearms would be easier to use, that are probably somewhat still available on the market.

In talking with several FFL sales persons at a few LGS, they tell me everything is a hot item. All pistols of any caliber, ARs, shotguns, lever action guns, etc. One LGS listed 3 S&W 500 magnums available on their site, when I went down there, they were all gone & couldn’t get anymore. I ordered one from another LGS, and it will be at least 4-6 months before it will come in at the earliest.
So I’d say the 500 Magnum surprises me, since it isn’t really a carry gun, and probably a home defense gun of last resort, as other firearms would be easier to use, that are probably somewhat still available on the market.

The 500 Magnum surprises me too. I figured new buyers would go for something more common, and other shooters would go for standard capacity firearms (aka high-capacity to people who know nothing about guns) that they are worried democrats will try to ban. I haven't heard any of the gun grabbers focusing their attention on revolvers and lever-guns, so I expected them to remain in stock.

Been looking for availability of the Henry X or Dark rifles in 45-70 or their AXE rifle. No stores around here have them, and have no idea when they can get them. I was told by one sale guy, that he was told by the major shotgun suppliers, not to expect any to come his way until the end of this year at the earliest. As for shortages around my parts, I’ve been told new gun lookers, come in & buy whatever available. If all pistols are gone or sparse, it’s like “how about that 500 revolver over there, will that work for protection?” Heck yeah, says the sales guy & gun is sold.:sneaky:

S&W 460 also. LGS had two and poof gone. I've shot the 460 it's an arm twister.
Surprisingly, my LGS Still has a 460 (the 500 was sold). I already have a Ruger Super Redhawk 454 Casull that can also fire 45LC, so it came down to 460 or 500. For me, I’m choosing the 500, so I put in an order for one. It’s a Performance Center version, so it’s anyone’s guess on when that will arrive.

Unless your the Hulk.....hard to believe the big 500 is in demand...

Yup, I also have a Ruger Redhawk in 44 Mag. Great revolver.
I had a Redhawk in .44mag, sent it up to JDJones at SSK Industries, had the forcing cone recut, trigger job, they sent it out to get mag-na-ported and had the finish buffed out plus had one of JD’s SOB scope mounts installed and put a 2x Leopold on it. Kept it for long time before it got traded off, great shooter.

I had a Redhawk in .44mag, sent it up to JDJones at SSK Industries, had the forcing cone recut, trigger job, they sent it out to get mag-na-ported and had the finish buffed out plus had one of JD’s SOB scope mounts installed and put a 2x Leopold on it. Kept it for long time before it got traded off, great shooter.
Boy Anni, in several of your posts you describe some fantastic firearms you once owned, only to having to trade them or sell them. That seriously is a darn shame, because they sounded like great collectables to shoot & enjoy, only to be now gone. My condolences to you and hope you can get back to collecting some more fine firearms in the future like your new Cobra you got.

Back