testtest

Guns at Coronavirus Quarantine Protests: Listen For the Loudest Scream

It's a fine line. I wholeheartedly support people carrying in public - an armed society is a polite society - and I do believe we have the inalienable right to protect ourselves. I also believe that the more often "all these guns" are seen out in public...and nothing goes wrong...and nobody gets killed or hurt...the more people may start to realize that "hey...maybe The Gun isn't the problem...?"

Exposure helps. The more people see guns, the less mythical and evil they become. They aren't some imaginary evil creature; they're pieces of metal and plastic, just like your hedge trimmers or your dishwasher.

A close friend of mine was terrified of my XDs, and terrified that I carry it daily. Then, on her own, she took the Maryland HQL class (Handgun Qualification License - yeah, we're one of THOSE states) so she could learn more about guns in general, and hopefully silence her own fears.

It worked.

She qualified first time out, she loves shooting, and is considering buying her own to keep at home (single mom with an 18 year old daughter).

Knowledge, familiarity, and understanding helps to silence irrational fears.

I only hope and pray that we continue to be RESPONSIBLE at these events, and continue to show that we truly are the "bigger man" here. Just because we have the ability to defend ourselves, doesn't mean we lack the self control to only apply that force as a last resort, if needed.

"Gun" doesn't equal death. MISUSE does.

It's not always misuse of a firearm that results in death. Sometimes it's the proper and
necessary use that results in death.

Fair enough.

But as we know as responsible owners, criminals technically "misuse" firearms to commit crimes. I suppose I should have phrased it as "misuse is what causes unnecessary deaths".

Because, you can just look to the press...NECESSARY firearm deaths simply don't happen. How quickly do stories like the Texas church incident, get swept under the rug and forgotten? Or, as I'm sure is the case most of the time, never even reported on at all?

Back