testtest

Gunsmithing area

Should the forum create an area dedicated to DIY/Gunsmithing?

• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Tactical-Reviews

Master Class
Founding Member
What are your thoughts on having a gunsmithing area to deal with troubleshooting, fixing, upgrading, etc all of Springfields' firearms? I've helped to build a lot of forums over the years, and one area I always push for and find it draws in a lot of people are how-to and DIY areas. I would often make posts detailing the steps to do a task. What seems like nothing to us, can be a daunting and very scary task for someone who just purchased their first firearm. A simple field strip to us is something so easy we can do it with our eyes closed. But with so many new firearms owners, even basic safe clearing of a firearm is required. These posts show up in search engines and bring people in to learn that task. Many are one time visitors, but some remain. As the forum grows, we will find ourselves fielding the same questions over and over and over again. Copy and paste a link to that thread and they get the answer.

Anyone familiar with what needs to be done in the event the chamber lugs and bolt lugs are knocking? Can no longer use my saint for my training courses until I figure out how to fix the problem. I have not had a single malfunction yet but the chamber lugs are taking a beating. Because I had to adjust rear sight almost completely to the right for zero it leads me to believe maybe the barrel is not aligned. Very upsetting because I really enjoy this rifle. Any suggestions are appreciated.

R/S

Attachments

• Saint.jpg
    Saint.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Anyone familiar with what needs to be done in the event the chamber lugs and bolt lugs are knocking? Can no longer use my saint for my training courses until I figure out how to fix the problem. I have not had a single malfunction yet but the chamber lugs are taking a beating. Because I had to adjust rear sight almost completely to the right for zero it leads me to believe maybe the barrel is not aligned. Very upsetting because I really enjoy this rifle. Any suggestions are appreciated.

R/S
I have had similar issues with other rifles and the sight were the problem and not the barrel alignment! Some seem too be almost straight and other way left or right. Check it by reversing the rear sight and see if it is the same alignment? Make sure the handguard is centered as in left and right distance from the barrel. Make sure the front sight is over the bore center for reference.

Lets start making the posts, and if we get enough of them we can push for another section.
This is a fine idea..... the posts are there..... but scattered all over the forum.
Recently I asked a AR question
Recently a SP101 question was asked
Several SA questions have been addressed

I love the idea of a Gunsmithing area to the forum. I believe I have posted several just on my SA 1911.

Let's do it.... I'm sure the cost is right...... :ROFLMAO:

This

R/S
This happens mostly when the rifle barrel in the receiver is disassembled and not properly reassembled and aligned into the receiver improper torque of the barrel nut is the most common cause.

That would be where my thoughts are at this point. I am still doing research. Will be bringing my rifle into work today to have the armorers give me feedback. SA is looking to have me send in the rifle. I would really like to avoid sending it in if it is a simple fix.
Tell them you would like them to swap out the whole upper receiver to include the bolt and charging handle no ffl required to mail it or FEDX OR UPS IT.

I was going to discuss that at work today as well. We are an FFL (training facility / firearms sales) and they send firearms in all the time. I am not familiar with the process. With regards to SA I would hope they would replace any and all components related to an issue that they are responsible for if that turns out to be the case.

I was going to discuss that at work today as well. We are an FFL (training facility / firearms sales) and they send firearms in all the time. I am not familiar with the process. With regards to SA I would hope they would replace any and all components related to an issue that they are responsible for if that turns out to be the case.
Almost sounds like “Bolt Bounce” not that you should have to but changing the buffer weight might stop it.

I found Springfield Armory customer service to be above the rest when requesting missing accessories or parts . In fact, I have never had to send them a firearm for repair they are that good. Now with this virus thing, it will take a little time to get your firearm returned but when it comes back it will correct . That's why I am a Springfield Fan Price ( more for your $$) Reliability & Customer service.

I found Springfield Armory customer service to be above the rest when requesting missing accessories or parts . In fact, I have never had to send them a firearm for repair they are that good. Now with this virus thing, it will take a little time to get your firearm returned but when it comes back it will correct . That's why I am a Springfield Fan Price ( more for your $$) Reliability & Customer service.
The CoVid situation has really thrown the whole industry around lately so I do understand. That is what I tell customers. I have always heard SA does a great job in customer service. I have never had any issues up until this point so I am hoping I have the same experience. I know every company can have errors in production. Unfortunately I think I got one of those errors. Hopefully I can get this resolved quickly so I do not miss any more training events.

Back