testtest

H&H purchased by Beretta!

iklwa

Master Class

I have had a long distance relationship with African big game hunting since my late teens. Holland and Holland is tied irrevocably to the history of African Hunting. I have had the dream of winning the lottery, travelling to New Bond Street and having a rebounding hammer double rifle chambered in 450/400 Nitro.

I know, its just a dream. The Bond Street location has been closed, the rebounding hammer is no longer produced and the ivory trade is all but dead. But, its still fun to think about it now and then...

H&H produced top shelf products before there was ever a QC department.

H&H guns are extraordinary. I was in the H&H Gunroom in London in 2008 and was awestruck by the display of such beautiful guns. It was kind of like looking at Rolls Royce cars-I know I would never own one but it was enough to admire the quality. The London Gunroom is closed now, but there is one in Dallas.

I eat beef, fish, chicken, pork, but don't shoot any of them! How ever quail would be on my plate for every meal and don't mind dropping a few of those wonderful tasting morsels! I've shot 1 deer in my life and never care too do it again! If it was my only way too survive, then I most likely will be a vegetarian, unless there's a better recipe or way too cook it? Turkey isn't on my list either! If I don't eat it I don't kill it!

I am not really a hunter but my desire for a fine double rifle fits well with my desire for very nice large bore revolvers, multiple 1911s and various accurate rifles.
I will hunt when given the chance and invariably choose my Ruger Number 1 in 375 H&H.
I have found it adequate for snakes, crows, nutria and deer.
I have yet to find anything larger, stupid enough to stand still in front of me, while holding this rifle.
Never fired a factory round in it or the other 375 in my box.
Fantasy is part of the hunt, is it not?

(PS, Never needed more than one round...even on the crows!)

Back