testtest

Hellcat FDE OSP

Does anyone have a clue as to when Springfield will be shipping Hellcats? I have one on back order but know one seems to have any idea as to when the next shipments will go out.

Last edited:
Springfield is shipping out new firearms weekly. However with the current times supply and demand is at an extreme high and supplies are taking longer to get to manufacturers. This is not an official statement from Springfield so the best answer i can give you is this. Please contact Springfield Customer Service. Springfield Armory’s customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com.

I had a similar issue trying to find a my fed ops. I went to the Springfield website and searched for dealers in my area. None of the big boys had one or would put me on a list. One of dealers was a little pawn shop south of me. I called and found they has two. The next day I was a proud owner. Try the small guys because their inventory doesn’t move as fast.

Also, as an FYI, if you decide on a Romeo Zero, it comes with M4 screws that a too long. You can go to Home Depot and get two M4x10 mm screws for 87 cents That are almost perfect. The flat heads don’t fit the recesses perfectly but the are not blocking the field of view and they are within the 2.6mm length limit.

I had a similar issue trying to find a my fed ops. I went to the Springfield website and searched for dealers in my area. None of the big boys had one or would put me on a list. One of dealers was a little pawn shop south of me. I called and found they has two. The next day I was a proud owner. Try the small guys because their inventory doesn’t move as fast.

Also, as an FYI, if you decide on a Romeo Zero, it comes with M4 screws that a too long. You can go to Home Depot and get two M4x10 mm screws for 87 cents That are almost perfect. The flat heads don’t fit the recesses perfectly but the are not blocking the field of view and they are within the 2.6mm length limit.
Swamp Fox Optics has just released the Sentinel 1x16 3MOA Optics for the Hellcat. It’s in the RMSC footprint so it fits nicely. It better made and has two options for either a manual or auto.

Springfield is shipping out new firearms weekly. However with the current times supply and demand is at an extreme high and supplies are taking longer to get to manufacturers. This is not an official statement from Springfield so the best answer i can give you is this. Please contact Springfield Customer Service. Springfield Armory’s customer service representatives can answer your questions/concerns Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 CST via phone at 1-800-680-6866, International: +1-309-944-5631 or email at sales@springfield-armory.com.
Unfortunately they were not able to answer my question as they are saying because they ship directly to distributors. The distributor then ships to the FFL dealer.

Not sure where you are at, but I am seeing them in my dealers in the west and south west suburban Chicago area. You wont find a deal as they run out fast, but I have seen them in the 3 different ranges/shops in the past few weeks. Also, if you hop on GrabAGun I saw they had inventory the their day. Just find a local FFL to do the transfer for you.

At least you have one on back order. Be patient, eventually your number will come up.

Swamp Fox Optics has just released the Sentinel 1x16 3MOA Optics for the Hellcat. It’s in the RMSC footprint so it fits nicely. It better made and has two options for either a manual or auto.
I agree, the Swampfox Sentinel is a perfect drop-in unit. They even supply 3 different sets of screws for each of the 3 primary micro installations, Hellcat, P365, etc. This unit is duty grade aircraft aluminum and glass objective. The only drawback might be that is made in China but the fellows in Arizona who operate this small company swear that it is one of the best quality optic companies exporting from Asia. I got the automatic (A) model and love it.

I agree, the Swampfox Sentinel is a perfect drop-in unit. They even supply 3 different sets of screws for each of the 3 primary micro installations, Hellcat, P365, etc. This unit is duty grade aircraft aluminum and glass objective. The only drawback might be that is made in China but the fellows in Arizona who operate this small company swear that it is one of the best quality optic companies exporting from Asia. I got the automatic (A) model and love it.
How many different optics are for the hellcat

To fit exactly
Shield
Romeo Zero
Holosun 507k
Swampfox Sentinel

now thats a exact fit no adapters and nothing coming off the sides. Like a Viper or Delta Pro they would hang off

To add to the list, JP Enterprise's JPoint is made by Shield and is an exact fit for the Hellcat/SS365, etc.

To fit exactly
Shield
Romeo Zero
Holosun 507k
Swampfox Sentinel

now thats a exact fit no adapters and nothing coming off the sides. Like a Viper or Delta Pro they would hang off
Not correct I don't think. To install a 507k, the rear slide lugs have to be removed and the front ones taken down about half. If you do this SA says, "kiss my butt"'on warranty work.

Yup forgot to mention the 507k issue. My bad one other reason I went Sentinel.

Btw heads up I put the battery protector on with install and the recommended screws did not work. As I put the longer ones on I noticed it looked like the red dot was aiming up. So this morning I decided to ditch the battery cover and the recommended screws now work and does not look like it's aiming up. Now not sure I did something wrong initial or the battery might need a little trim. I'm not sure but I'm going to run without the battery cover.

So watch your install see if that comes up

The dust cover will need a little trimming too but did not do that yet. It's fits but the space between the unit and the mount is too tight for the front / back dust cover to sit all the way down

Just some things to be aware of

Yup forgot to mention the 507k issue. My bad one other reason I went Sentinel.

Btw heads up I put the battery protector on with install and the recommended screws did not work. As I put the longer ones on I noticed it looked like the red dot was aiming up. So this morning I decided to ditch the battery cover and the recommended screws now work and does not look like it's aiming up. Now not sure I did something wrong initial or the battery might need a little trim. I'm not sure but I'm going to run without the battery cover.

So watch your install see if that comes up

The dust cover will need a little trimming too but did not do that yet. It's fits but the space between the unit and the mount is too tight for the front / back dust cover to sit all the way down

Just some things to be aware of
I am liking my RZ more and more without even shooting with it as I've had no nightmares.

The zero is not bad at all. I do like the taller window on the Sentinel. I initially did not want to spend 400 on the shield for a product that seems to be fragile

Back