testtest

Hellcat Pro Magwell

While I love flared magwells, it seems kinda counterproductive for a gun like this. I love my Hellcat Pro. It basically disappears. Anything that will make it bigger/wider will decrease that

But I do love capitalism, and if companies think people will buy them, they will make them.
And if someone makes one, and you want one, then you should buy it

While I love flared magwells, it seems kinda counterproductive for a gun like this. I love my Hellcat Pro. It basically disappears. Anything that will make it bigger/wider will decrease that

But I do love capitalism, and if companies think people will buy them, they will make them.
And if someone makes one, and you want one, then you should buy it

I kind of thought flared magwells were for competition guns.

They are for Tacticool and/or Gucci guns too.

They make them for Glocks. They aren't that big, and I do not see them really having any affect on concealment.

1665232550739.png

Thanks for the replies. I'm not trying to have a competition, tacticool or gucci pro. A full mag is hard to seat and I thought mag extension and magwell may help with reload and speed. your thoughts??

Thanks for the replies. I'm not trying to have a competition, tacticool or gucci pro. A full mag is hard to seat and I thought mag extension and magwell may help with reload and speed. your thoughts??

Does anyone just make an extended baseplate? That should help seating more than a magwell.

Its not like the Range Officer is going to kick you off the line for using a magwell for recreation.

Everyday carry, I can see it being in the way for the application. But there are folks buying pistol OEM with a magwell or adding one themselves that have no intention of competing. Nothing wrong with rapid mag changes, even though you're not in competition.

And yes extended baseplates are almost a must with magwells. If the magazine doesn't drop, you stuck unable to get a hold on the magazine and give it a little tug to get it out. Not that I have encountered that yet on any of my pistols with a magwell, but I have experienced it with pistols and normal grips have some of the magazine exposed to be able to pull it out if it doesn't drop.

Its not like the Range Officer is going to kick you off the line for using a magwell for recreation.

Everyday carry, I can see it being in the way for the application. But there are folks buying pistol OEM with a magwell or adding one themselves that have no intention of competing. Nothing wrong with rapid mag changes, even though you're not in competition.

And yes extended baseplates are almost a must with magwells. If the magazine doesn't drop, you stuck unable to get a hold on the magazine and give it a little tug to get it out. Not that I have encountered that yet on any of my pistols with a magwell, but I have experienced it with pistols and normal grips have some of the magazine exposed to be able to pull it out if it doesn't drop.
I wasn't under the impression you would be kicked off the range for it. :rolleyes:

Other than comp guns, they are pretty much pointless.

I can see the place for a magwell on a carry gun. I mean, God forbid, if I am ever in a self defense situation and I need to reload, making it the fastest, easiest reload possible would be great.

I just don't know if the tradeoff vs being harder to conceal is worth it. Especially when you are talking about a gun designed to be easy to conceal

I can see the place for a magwell on a carry gun. I mean, God forbid, if I am ever in a self defense situation and I need to reload, making it the fastest, easiest reload possible would be great.

I just don't know if the tradeoff vs being harder to conceal is worth it. Especially when you are talking about a gun designed to be easy to conceal
They make then in different sizes. Not all are as big as you see on competition guns.

Well, I have never had one on a gun and have trained forever with my guns how they are and don't have a particular need to increase times on reloads. Plus I don't care for how they look. If I was a comp shooter and could get a 10th of a second I would certainly consider it I suppose.

Back