testtest

Hellcat Pro sticker spring, Heavy or light and what does it do?

Addison3

Operator
I own a Hellcat Pro and an really liking it. Enough so that I installed a new Powder River precision trigger. Short and sweet I am very pleased and recently bought a new titanium striker kit which came complete with a lighter spring and stainless steel end cap to replace the factory plastic cap.
After removing my factory Striker d installing the new, it all went together as expected but.... now the take up is mushy and if I release the trigger it will not spring back fully. It will pop when it hits the wall and will reset like it should. It's just really spongy in the take up.
I removed it and reinstalled the factory striker and its back to normal.
So does anyone besides me think the lighter striker spring is the issue? or am I off base.

I own a Hellcat Pro and an really liking it. Enough so that I installed a new Powder River precision trigger. Short and sweet I am very pleased and recently bought a new titanium striker kit which came complete with a lighter spring and stainless steel end cap to replace the factory plastic cap.
After removing my factory Striker d installing the new, it all went together as expected but.... now the take up is mushy and if I release the trigger it will not spring back fully. It will pop when it hits the wall and will reset like it should. It's just really spongy in the take up.
So does anyone besides me think the lighter striker spring is the issue? or am I off base.
hopefully someone can help you. i also have a hellcat, but it is my ccw, and as a result, i don't mess with anything, mostly cuz issues like this can happen, when i need the gun to work in an emergency.

hopefully someone can help you. i also have a hellcat, but it is my ccw, and as a result, i don't mess with anything, mostly cuz issues like this can happen, when i need the gun to work in an emergency.
Thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts. In hind sight I should have giving a few upgrades that I was thinking might make my Pro more reliable in the long term .

Thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts. In hind sight I should have giving a few upgrades that I was thinking might make my Pro more reliable in the long term .
i actually know of a shooter at the range. he had a glock, yes i know way different from a hellcat. but, he changed out nearly everything, thinking it was gonna be a super deluxe shooting gun. all the parts combined costs, were nearly as much as the glock itself.

it never worked properly, and 1 by 1, he had to remove parts, and put back the OEM part, until he got it working again.

granted maybe like yours, it was a range gun, so no harm, no foul...

but this beckons to the debate of OEM out of the box, or replacing parts when it is a ccw gun....

to this date of only being a shooter myself going on 3 full years, i have not really experienced a factory gun "needing" replacement parts from a 3rd party company, to make it run better.

but this is my minimal experience level's, opinion.

i actually know of a shooter at the range. he had a glock, yes i know way different from a hellcat. but, he changed out nearly everything, thinking it was gonna be a super deluxe shooting gun. all the parts combined costs, were nearly as much as the glock itself.

it never worked properly, and 1 by 1, he had to remove parts, and put back the OEM part, until he got it working again.

but this beckons to the debate of OEM out of the box, or replacing parts when it is a ccw gun....

to this date of only being a shooter myself going on 3 full years, i have not really experienced a factory gun "needing" replacement parts from a 3rd party company, to make it run better.

Well it definitely happens a lot. Usually triggers.

I do have to say you start your post saying you really like the gun then start changing out parts that make it not so likable, that is why I don’t make changes to any parts on my guns, I run them as I bought them. That’s just me.
You do you.

I do have to say you start your post saying you really like the gun then start changing out parts that make it not so likable, that is why I don’t make changes to any parts on my guns, I run them as I bought them. That’s just me.
You do you.
Most of my guns ( internals) are stock. I have heavily modded some shotguns. My P30L has the Gray Guns flat trigger kit ( absolutely necessary IMO) and will soon have the GG Short Reset kit.

Remember back in the day when Lee Iacocca when he did the Chrysler adds saying "advantage Chrysler". Took me a while to figure that out. Then one day I realized they got your money , you got their POS car, Advantage Chrysler" Just because someone makes parts for your gun doesnt mean they are good quality. Changing parts just for the sake of changing parts isnt always a very good practice.

Most of my guns ( internals) are stock. I have heavily modded some shotguns. My P30L has the Gray Guns flat trigger kit ( absolutely necessary IMO) and will soon have the GG Short Reset kit.
As I’ve mentioned many times my 20 years working to manufacture firearms and during that time I remember spending many hours working with design engineers on why guns are built a certain way using certain components I can honestly say it’s not all about cost savings as much as it’s about safety.
It is for that reason I’ve maintained that firearms I’ve purchased have been left stock except for the addition of accessories.
I will not for any reason discourage anyone from making changes to their weapons, that’s an individual choice.
My only recommendation/plea is be safe doing so.

You do you.
Keystone 19250... you make a very good point. In my case I like so many other look for way to make subtle improvements keeping in mind not to do anything that would cause safety issues. In my view the aftermarket trigger I installed was an improvement and am happy with it.
The maybe dumb thing was reading about plastic striker sleeves breaking, and possible improvement changing out the OEM striker and replacing it with a titanium after market.
As of now I am back to using my Factory striker unit and my Hellcat is working as it had been.
Hopefully lessons learned and no harm other than some $$.

I installed the titanium striker assembly as well, but with a PRP base trigger kit and a Hyve adjustable trigger. I did not experience these issues.

I installed the titanium striker assembly as well, but with a PRP base trigger kit and a Hyve adjustable trigger. I did not experience these issues.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm still wanting to install the striker assembly in my son's Hellcat Pro to see how that goes. If it works I need to look more into my Pro to see if I can come up with a fix.

Lighter spring = mushy

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm still wanting to install the striker assembly in my son's Hellcat Pro to see how that goes. If it works I need to look more into my Pro to see if I can come up with a fix.
I should clarify, mine is not a pro, and there is a significant difference, especially in the slide.

Back